Uh Oh!

Enjoy~

The next morning, Ace surprised everyone when he seemed to walk into the dining room alone. With no sash. He had waited until he knew everyone were in the room already to come in, since he was letting Ivy walk next to him steadily. When he reached the door, he ran to the table across the room, with Ivy chasing after him, chirping as if telling him to wait for her.

When they reached their usual spot, Ace lifted Ivy up and set her on the table next to her tea cup plate that had the a full fish and a whole chicken breast. She was ecstatic to see more food on her plate, and jumped up and down once before digging in.

"Cant have a dragon exercising without more food," Thatch said loudly. "It's not healthy." Ace grinned at him and shoved the first pancake into his mouth.

Jozu looked at Ace in curious surprise. "Did something happen last night?" he questioned, the others wondering as well. Ace had never set Ivy on the floor except in his room.

"Yesh!" Ace shouted before swallowing his food and speaking clearly. "She ran across the room last night!" he exclaimed, letting everyone in the room know. Ivy looked up and sat down in a regal position with her head held high, taking in the praise. She trilled when the table started clapping, along with the rest of the room.

The commanders all praised and congratulated her on her improvement. They couldn't wait to see Ace explode once she took first flight. Marco was planning on helping with that, he just hadnt told anyone yet. He had warmed to Ivy completely once it became very clear that she was under control. Over the many weeks she'd been with them, she behaved fine and was a very nice animal that the crew had warmed to. She had Ace wrapped around her little toes.

-x-

There was a party the night for Ivy's success. She really was a crew member. She was allowed to partake in it of course, where she hadnt for the few that had happened since it was too rowdy for her as a baby.

She was startled when it started. There was a lot of noise. But she was in Ace's lap, who was happy to be able to be at a party without having to take care of Ivy. He didn't resent her or anything, but it was just nice and had been awhile.

Ace drank a lot of sake, but not so much it would endanger Ivy in his lap, who was purring with her eyes closed. She seemed to have gotten used to the noise. She was also feeling really proud of running, since that seemed to be a big deal to everyone.

She had a large plate of meat and fish, along with a single piece of sandwich bread. It may have seemed like random choice to those who hadnt sat at the commanders' table, but whenever sandwiches were for a meal, she would try and steal the bread, or paw at it, hoping for scraps. Ace didn't give her human food, but this was special. And Ivy was saving it for last.

Once it started to get chilly, Ace had forgotten about keeping her warm since he was slightly drunk and distracted with the poker game he was playing with some others. But Ivy was fine, just relaxing in Ace's crossed legs. And Ace wasn't emitting any heat on purpose.

Thatch noticed first. "Hey Ace, are you keeping her warm?" he asked curiously. Ace looked surprised and glanced down to see Ivy not shivering or curled into a ball. Another thing to celebrate. Her feathers and fur kept her warm enough. Ace wondered how long she had been able to keep herself warm since he also kept the area warm where she was or was sleeping.

Ace smiled down at her. "Another good thing, I guess."

The party lasted a long time, and most of the pirates were out cold from the booze by the first lights of the next day. Ivy had fallen asleep just fine in Ace's lap, on her back with her feet resting on her chest, like a cat would.