39

The sound of a cry woke joe and dianne up for the second time that night. Dianne stired sitting up and shuffling over reaching to the little crib next to her. She reached over to cora and picked her up laying her on her chest. Joe then wriggled around, being half asleep he didn't know what was really happening. Cora was only 4 days old and he still couldn't believe it. He soon found himself sitting up and laying next to dianne. He wrapped an arm around her and watched her lay there with cora on her chest. He smiled at them both, he still couldn't believe he had gotten so lucky. Suddenly out of the blue, dianne broke down crying.

"awwww baby what's wrong?"
He asked her pulling her closer to him being careful that she still had cora in her arms. Dianne couldn't speak she was jsut crying and shaking.
Joe reached his arms to cora taking her out of diannes arms. She was shaking so much that she couldn't hold her anymore. Joe layed his daughter back into her crib, thank fully she had stopped crying. Joe climbed back into bed next to dianne who was viciously shaking.

"bubba. Deep breathes"
He said reaching his hand up her top running it up and down her back.
However she jsut couldn't seem to calm down. Joe could see there was something more than just shaking going on. He suggested she was having a panic attack but what about, he didn't know. He brought her closer so now she was sat on his lap and he stormed her hair hoping it would help. She buried her head into his shoulder, still shaking and oblivious to what was happening. Her vision was getting blurry and Joe could tell that she couldn't see that well. She kept muttering bit it was hard to understand even one word.

"can.... I just have a minute?"
She asked shaking still whisks stuttering.

"of course you can baby. I'll take cora aswell" he said walked over to her taking her and going down the stairs. He prepared cora a bottle as he knew dianne wouldn't want to feed her after she had calmed down by herself. It was 2am and cora had woken up an hour and a half Beofre so dianne was tired especially after 4 days of having a labour so long and painful.
Joe sat with cora looking into her eyes until he thought it would be ok to go back up to dianne. He walked into the bedroom seeing her layed there cuddling her own knees. She had settled a bit but we still emotional. Joe put cora in her crib. She had now nearly fallen back to sleep so this gave joe time with dianne and have a chat wirh her, if that's what she wanted to do. He cuddled next to her helping her calm down more and then he asked her

"beautiful, what's wrong?"

If you didn't know I have a new book out called just us two and it's really long so hehehehe. Go and give it a read x