44

"what?"
Dianne said in shock looking down at the positive pregnancy test. She was 19 and was about to become a mum of 2. This time it was different, she had known joe 2 years , she was sure he was going to be an amazing dad again.

"your pregnant dot, that's amazing isn't it?"
Joe smiled placing his hand onto diannes back rubbing it for her.
Dianne started crying, she leant against joes chest. He ran a hand through her hair as she cried into him.

"you alright? Is that happy tears?"
He asked her. She pulled away looking at the test again

"I don't know. Do you want this baby?"
She asked him

"of course I do. But if you don't want to keep it then it's ok"
He told her. Dianne took a deep shakey breathe.

"I don't know Joseph"
She said starting to cry again. Joe held her close to her chest wanting to help but he didn't know what to do.

"I want to keep it but.... Two kids joe. I'm 19"
She said to him as he ran his hands up and down her back.

"it will be ok"
He pressed a kiss to her forehead. They picked up the test walking downstairs and placing it on the kitchen side. Dianne leant over the counter just having a minute to herself whilst joe turned the monitor on so e y could hear when cora woke up. He returned to her seeing her stood there just shaking. He couldn't help her, he stood at the door watching her lean over the side crying to herself. Just having a minute to herself would probably make her feel better. It was when dianne started to shake uncontrollably to the point where she couldn't move that Joe walked over to her putting an arm around her. He took her hand leading her to one of the chairs they had at the table. He sat her down and knelt infront on her rubbing her tigh with his hand gently.

"dianne.... Calm down. Take deep breathes"
Joe told her started taking deep breathes but it got worse

"dotty, having a panic attack isn't good for the baby."
Joe said and then she started taking deep breathes again until she could speak again.

"remember, if you don't want the baby, you don't have to have it."
Joe said

"no, I want it. I just don't know what to do"
She told him, her voice shaking as she spoke.

"come here"
Joe opened his arms pulling her in for a hug holding her there for what felt like forever