Don't Forget

Stormkit and Featherkit must be a hassle if he's been gone that long... Fireheart's focus was on his best friend's kits. If he could even call Graystripe a best friend anymore, for how long he's been distancing himself on the island of RiverClan. Bramblepaw stuck his nose in his mentor's pelt, hoping to grab his attention.

"Yes Bramblepaw?" - Said tom-cat asked, turning to face the smiling apprentice - who indeed looked just like his murderous father, Tigerclaw. Fireheart tried his best to relinquish all thoughts of the ex-deputy, but only to have the thoughts return to his conscious.

"Why couldn't we have brought Tawnypaw and Brackenfur?"

A lie, that's all that was, a simple lie to distract Bramblepaw's young mind. "Brackenfur wasn't feeling good today, so he allowed Tawnypaw a break,"

"Like what do you mean, he wasn't feeling well? Something like a bellyache, or- or a chipped tooth?"

"A fever, Bramblepaw. Brackenfur has a fever,"

As they past by the two-leg place Fireheart felt the urge to confront his sister, about all of his issues. She might be some help. "Fireheart!" Bramblepaw wailed, casting his tail over himself.

"Yes?"

"I see a rabbit. Should I go catch it?"

"Please, Bramblepaw and don't forget what I taught you," - A sigh escaped his lips as his apprentice scrambled away, avoiding any and all branches that would disturb the prey of the forest. Fireheart sat down and began grooming his paw-pads; a forever odd feeling in his heart.

Why, of all cats, did it have to be about Graystripe and what was this aching feeling that ate him up on the inside?