Hotel Room Therapy

[Chris's POV]
Being an actor is something that i always want. But the drama and chaos, the hectic, definitely not something that i crave. It was hard, and sometimes you just need someone that you can trust to make you feel better. And i found that someone.

It all started by an accident. We were supposed to have a separate bedroom for the Oscar's preparation. But somehow my agent got it all mixed and the room wasn't enough for all of us, so some have to share. And i got to be in her room. Since i only need some light make up, so i joined her in her room.

I've known her because we have the same agent. We met before during Academy Awards, and at TIFF last year. But this is the first time that we actually got to interact.

I knocked on her door twice before someone opened the door.
"Sorry is it Y/N's room?" He nods and step aside to let me in, "thanks" I walk in to the bedroom space to see huge light along with a mirror. The table is messy with all of the make up stuff, i saw her getting ready, her eyes closed, i clear my throat, she suddenly open her eyes, our eyes meeting each other through the mirror. She then smile and turn around.

"Oh hey Chris! Jenna told me about the arrangement! So you're my roomie, then!" She stand up and giving me a small hug carefully not ruining her make up, "please make yourself comfortable"

"Thanks, i won't be much a trouble, i promise. Just a light touch up and i'll just wait outside" i give my tux to one of the crew.

She sits back as her make up artist told her to, "non sense. Stay here. Let's chat. Don't be a stranger!"
I smile at her warm gesture. We talk a lot before the Oscar. And it feels great talking to her. Maybe because we're on the same kind of job, so she understands more. The night of the Oscar went great. We had fun at the after party. I tried to contact the hotel to get me a room. But as so many actors in the hotel, there are no room available for the night.

"I couldn't get a room. I should get going now" i hung up the phone walking towards the bedroom, and see her taking off her earrings. When she finished her right side of earring, she turned to me.

"Where are you going?" She then turn to her left earring, taking them off.
"I'm gonna find a hotel nearby and crash there"
She grabbed some cotton and start to remove her make up, "oh please, just stay the night here. The bed is big enough for the both of us. It's already way too late. Plus we're supposed to be a roomie after all"

That's when it all started. We talked all night. About everything. About work, life, and so many other things. I find her very fascinating. She's probably one of the smartest person i know. We have so many things to talk about. Never ran out of topics. Suddenly we're not tired anymore. But decided to call it a night around 5 am when she fall asleep peacefully.

The next day we made a vow to do this thing regularly. At least once a month. Get a room together to talk. Just talk. No sex. No serious relationship. She's like my personal therapist. I just know her, but it feels like i've known her forever. And i trust her completely.

It's been 12 months, we met every month at the same date, same hotel and same room. We started around 5pm, and ended the next morning. We talked for hours, trying to fit a whole month to couple hours of conversations. It's fun. And the more we do this, the more i fall for her.

She excites me in the good kind of way. She knows how to handle me. That regular therapy turn into something more. I haven't told her yer, but i'm gonna tell her tonight.

It's exactly June 12th. A day before my birthday. Last year she ordered a delicious chocolate cupcake from the hotel. And we share that one piece of cupcake together with our favorite champagne at midnight. I was thinking to get the same piece from the hotel and share it. But this time, it will be a bit more romantically.

I take the key from the receptionist as she told me that someone has already checked in in room 2583. It means she's here already. I jog to the lift, can't wait to finally see her after a month.

As i unlocked the door, i saw a tray with some birthday cake along with some small box next to it. I walk in to see a huge "happy burthday" sign on top of the bed. But i don't see her.
"Hello? Someone orders a room service?"
I then heard a voice from the bathroom, "oh!" Then there she is, standing in a black top and short pants. With a sneakers and no make up, she's mesmerizing, "oh, sorry, what did i order again?"

I chuckle, "a couple hour of therapy session, ma'am"

She laugh, "okay then, don't waste my money. This therapy thing is killing my bank account"
"Oh please, you have many zeros in that bank account"
She turns around, "wanna bet?"
I smile, "nope, i'm good"

She laugh and sit on the bed, "hope it's not too cheesy. The sign-" she point her hand to the sign on top of the bed, "-is actually from work. I borrowed it"

I put down my backpack and empty my pocket, grabbing a short, "you mean steal it"
She frowned, "borrow"
I walk in the bathroom to change and shout "Steal"
"Borrow it! I'll give it back to them"
I then get out feeling already comfortable, "if..."
She grin, "if i remember to bring it back"
I laugh, "see. It calls stealing"
"Never meant to! I have the willing to give it back, so it considers as borrow"
I hop in the bed, "whatever to help you sleep at night, girl"
She pout, "i'm not a girl! I'm a grown up!"
I smirk, "doesn't look like it"
"Yeah yeah whatever, Evans" she smile and make her way to the bed, making herself comfortable staying next to me, "fyi, remember the cupcake we ate last year?" I nod turn my head to her, "yeah, they discontinued it"
I gasp, "nooooo"
She nod, "yep, so this year. It's chocolate cake for your birthday!"
"Is it good?"
"I don't know"
"Why did you buy it then?"
"It looks good"
"But does it taste good?"
"I don't know!"
"You should've taste it!"
"It's a whole cake! They won't let you taste it!"
"The don't buy it!"
She gasp and stand up grabbing a cake knife, "fine! We'll taste it now! I'm sure it's good!"
"Wanna bet?"
"I say five"
"Deal"
She then cut the cake, "oh!" She then sing a happy birthday song very quickly then cut the cake. I chuckle at the sight. She grab the sliced cake and put it on a small plate. She then grab the fork and taste it. I can tell she's trying to hold a laugh, "it's good"
I get up and take a bite, feeling the bitterness of the cake and how the cake is so dry. It just tastes awful, "yeah right. Gimme my $5!"
She huff, "fine!" She grab the money and give it to me.

The rest of the night we spend talking about our works. She is not only a good listener, but a great advice giver. And she not a second try to cut me in the middle of the sentence. That's what i adore most about her. As it's almost midnight she grab a slice of cake and put a small candle on top of it. Bringing it to me as she sit next to me. As the clock hit midnight, she sings me happy birthday. I smile looking at her, her eyes on the cake, singing the song happily.
"Now, make a wish"
"I'm almost 40"
"Doesn't mean you have to stop wishing"
I smile, closing my eyes wishing for one thing only. To spend the rest of my life with her. I open my eyes and blow the candle. She smile at me.
"Happy Birthday, Chris. I hope you have a blast birthday. And hope your year is filled with joy and happiness. And lastly, hope your wish come true" she smile putting the cake on top of the nightstand and giving me a hug. A very warm hug.
"Thank you Y/N. I'm so glad you're the first person to spend my birthday with me"
She pull away, "me too" i look at her in the eyes, smiling, loving the feeling of her close to me. I can feel the tension between us as i come closer to her, planting a sweet kiss on her lips slowly, afraid that she rejects it. But when i feel her kissing me back, i can finally pull her even closer to me. Holding her tight, kissing her with ao much passion and pull away when we need air.

She smile looking at me, i pulled her closer, making her lay in my arms, her head on my chest.
"Is there anyway that we don't make it a one month thing?" I said and she look up to meet my eyes.
"What is your proposal, Evans?"
"I wanna see you, more. Not just once in a month. Everyday is preferable. But we'll go slow, as slow as you want"
She put her head back on my chest, "i don't want it to go slow"
I smile, playing with her hair, "good. Because i don't know what to beg you if you say no"