70: Let's Divorce

Yukina wakes up " did you hear that ?"

Raizen : hear what ?

Yukina : a baby girl's cry. I'm sure I heard it. Arina. It must be her.
.
.
.
Everyone gathered before the door Arina locked herself in. Kurama knocked once again " Arina. Please. Open it up. If not ... I'll destroy the door."

The door slides open, it was Hina who had opened it .

Kurama: Hina. How come you're here ?

Hina: she's a baby girl. She has red hair like you.

Kurama ; so Arina gave birth ?

Hina : the baby is not here .

Kurama : what...?

Yuseke: what are you talking about?!!

The door slides bigger and another male yokai they don't recognise reveals himself " your baby girl is taken to the human realm by my wife to your human mother to take care of. This way she'll be safe . "

Raizen : who are you ? In my house.

" I'm hirou. Arina's ototo. Her 5th brother. "

Kurama: I want to see Arina

" Of course. " He moves " I'm not shopping you. "

All of them enters the room. They see her sitting on a cushion with two cups of sake prepares on the table . One of the cups was half full and had a tint of blood in it.

Arina : hi. Kurama. She's very beautiful and very strong too. I think you'll love her very much.

Kurama sits down opposite where the other sake cup was placed " what's the meaning of this ?"

Hirou: arina-nee said you're very smart. Well, you're the legendary thief. Youko Kurama. You understand what this is .

Arina: she has red hair. Looks just like you. This way you won't have to be reminded of me through her.

Kurama: so the rumour is true then?

Yuske : I don't understand. What is happening ?

Yukina : a half cup sake and a drop of blood. It's reversing the marital ceremony. I'm giving you back what you gave me.

Keiko gasps " that means ... "

Raizen : a divorce.

Yuseke : then what rumour?

Hirou: father wants arina-nee to marry the eldest son of the Hayarato clan. Of course, her being his formal wife , with no male concubines attached.

Yuseke: that's crazy!!! Don't do it !!! Arina !! Your father is crazy !!!

Arina : put your blood in your cup. I want to do this amicably. This way you can get another wife. Another stepmom for... For your little girl.

His face blackens " our little girl. "

Arina : please ...

Hirou: Kurama. Drink it. Do the exchange. This way it will be easier on her.

Kurama: I don't want to let you go.

Yuseke : that's right !!! Don't !!! I'm behind you !!

" I see... You have to force me to do this... " Her tears fall as she raised the cup and slowly pours it away on the table.

Yukina ; oh no.

Keiko ; what happened? What does that mean ?

Yukina: she divorces him one sidedly.

Arina stands up to leave. He held onto her wrist " no. " Hirou stood behind Kurama with a dagger to his neck " let her go. She's no longer yours. She's actually doing it for all of you. She doesn't want bloodshed. This is way harder for her than it is for you. Let her go. Kurama."

Yuseke : don't do it !!

Arina : let go.

Yuseke : Arina !!!

Kurama reluctantly lets go . Arina leaves walking pass them .

Hirou: now that it's done, Hina. Take over.

Hina : I got it.

.
.
.
Hina drags out a big jug across the floor. It was so huge it was bigger than her " drink this and disturbute to everyone in the manor "

Raizen : what are you talking about?

Hina : everyone in the manor has been poisoned since three days ago from the water you drink. It won't show until a week later .

Yuseke : what ?!!!

Yukina : so... Arina cooped herself up, is because... She wanted to make an antidote.

Kurama: why didn't she tell me ? Why wouldn't she ?

Hina: because then you'll ask more questions. And there's no way she could bring herself to tell you, let's divorce. Everyone will be safe. Her father won't send assailants to kill off people close to her to prove a point . She knew you wouldn't agree .

Kurama clenches his fist " I knew something was wrong ..."

Yuseke : Kurama. Let's get her back.

Raizen : are you sure that's a good idea? I told you, Dierai clan is expanding. They have about 500,00 members in their power right now.

Yuseke : Kurama !

Kurama : did she give our little girl a name ?

Hina: no. She said it's the last thing she could leave for you. She didn't want the name to remind you of her

Kurama: I need to go home and see my baby girl.