Three years Earlier

The sun was shining bright. It was warm but not hot. Perfect weather. I looked good and smelled better. My hair, nails, toes and lashes were freshly done. I stood in front of the full length mirror, I was wearing white high waisted shorts and a white crop top,I had decided to wear my sparkly sandals to show off my toes. All this white on my smooth chocolate skin had me feeling myself. I had gotten dressed to go out with Shay, but she was called in to work. I had no where else to go but decided that I didn't wanna let all this go to waste.

I checked myself out on my way out the door, I dazzled my lips with another layer of gloss. I smiled at my reflection "yassssssss baby girl you look good!!" I headed out the door to the nearest corner store.

Just as i walked out of the store this wonderful specimen of a man motioned for me to come towards him. He was about six foot two, athletic build, smooth dark chocolate skin and had a perfect bright white smile. He also had a well-maintained beard. I continued walking as if I hadn't noticed him. "Psssst yoo ma!" He shouted after me. I rolled my eyes. I hated it when guys did that. He was jogging up behind me trying to catch up to me. " Excuse me beautiful" his voice was like silk, but it was deep and commanded attention. I stopped and turned to face him "Can I help you? "Now that he was close, I could smell his Polo black and it wasn't to much like guys often did, it was the perfect amount. I could see that he had beautiful almond shaped brown eyes, not just a single shade of brown, but a beautiful spiral of earthy browns decorated with splashes of honey. Then there were the dimples. Oh my! The dimples. " I just had to let you know that you were beautiful "I smiled. "Thank you "I said softly, and I turned to walk away, he placed a hand on my shoulder. "Allow me to introduce myself, my name T, what's your name" I checked his swag, he was rocking a crisp white polo shirt with a pair of black True Religion jeans and a pair of custom Jordan's. Those caught my attention the most because I was a little bit of a sneaker head, Therefore I always appreciated a fly pair of sneaks. He wore two white diamond chains around his neck, and a couple rings on his hand. He was much too flashy for my taste but all he wanted was a name. What's the worse that could happen? "My name is Imoni." He smiled. "What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl" The kid was smooth. "Thanks, well nice meeting you" I said as I turned to walk away again. He reached out and gently grabbed my arm " I'd love to get to know you " I thought for a brief second "hmmmm no I'm good " I said with a slight smile. He cocked his head to one side and gave me a million-dollar smile. Lawd those dimples. "Really you gone act like that ma?" He was trying to look hurt as he said this but he was just too adorable. "What's your definition of a date or getting to know me as you call it?" I fully expected him to say something cliché like the movies which is a dark place where you are supposed to be quiet, making it nearly impossible to get to know a person, or a restaurant which is great for talking and getting to know someone but very typical. He smiled "You're going to love this; we're going to a park. "This was not a question; this was a statement. This should have been a warning but instead it stirred up excitement. I was slightly impressed "what will we be doing at the park?" He winked "I guess you'll see when you get there baby girl." I frowned. "Why you calling me that? " Shay had always told me that when guys were spitting game, they liked to call you meaningless nicknames to make you feel special. He pointed to the gold-plated necklace around my neck that read Babygirl. No one ever noticed that necklace. Hell, I was so used to wearing it I forgot it was there sometimes. I smiled. Well someone pays attention" once again I turned to walk away. "You think you real slick baby girl" I turned back to look at him with a big smile.

"What I do now T" he laughed. "How you gone be my girl if ion even have your number?" I smiled, gave him my number and headed home.

Thirty minutes later I was lounging around my room on the phone with Shay. "Giirrl he was so fiiiiine and he smelled amazing, and girl he was smooth like butter...AND THE DIMPLES MAAAN you know I'm a sucker for dimples " I'm pretty sure I was barely breathing between statements. Something about him had me completely intrigued... Shay was laughing uncontrollably "You fell for all the player moves " she stated between laughs. " I didn't, he wasn't like that " she sighed "Moni they're all like that " I couldn't stop smiling from ear to ear "not this one, you're going to be so proud, I can't wait till you meet him" Shay giggled "well what's the boy's real name?" Dang! I was so distracted by his charm and those dimples I totally forgot to ask what T stands for. "WOOOW Moni! You don't even know the kids name ?!" She was such a party pooper "That's what dates are for, to get to know someone I'll ask him that then, speaking of which are you going to help me find something to wear?"