three

Lauren's pov

I can't sleep. All I can think about is what Casey told me before she left my room earlier, well before I made her get out of my room. She knows something that I don't know about Christan. But I feel like she's been hiding something else from me for a longer time.

I need to talk to her. I don't care that it's almost 3am, I'm going to her room. She needs to come clean... and I need to apologise to her. I shouldn't have yelled at her.

I quickly got out of my bed and slipped on a hoodie. I can't make too much noise because Amy and the other girls are for sure asleep. I gently opened my bedroom door and I stepped out to the hallway. Fortunately for me the floor didn't make any weird nosies as I walked to Casey's room.

I don't know if I should knock. I stood in front of the door for couple minutes, staring at the stickers on Casey's door. She's so childish, it's adorable.

At her old house in Malibu, we used to buy magazines just for the stickers and we used to put them all over her door. And when we moved into this house we promised each other that we will recreate that door. And we managed to do that, with different stickers but, we made a part of our childhood and friendship stay with us.

With a quiet sigh I opened her bedroom door, and saw her sitting crossed legged on her bed, writing something in a notebook.

"Why aren't you asleep?" I asked quietly as I made my way to her bed. I kneeled down in front of her.

"I could ask you the same question" she chuckled. "Are you here to yell at me again?"

"I'm so sorry about that, I don't know what happened to me" I took the notebook from her and placed it on her bed side table.

Casey nodded her head and patted a spot next to her. "If you want to talk maybe you could sit on the bed? I don't want you to get sick or anything from sitting on the floor"

"Yeah sure" I sat next to her "first of all I want to apologise"

"You already did that" Casey looked at me with a small smile.

"But I need to do that in a proper way" I sat facing her and made her do the same, so we could keep an eye contact. "I'm really sorry for the way I acted, I know that you only want what's best for me. And I won't let a stupid boy disagreement ruin what we build for so long"

Casey looked at me with raised eyebrows, she shook her head and smiled. "Apology accepted"

"Great! I don't know what I would do if you wouldn't forgive me" I smiled back and grabbed her hand.

"So what's the other thing you want to talk about? We have like an hour before we really should go to sleep"

"Okay so... Why do you hate Chris so much?" Casey's smile disappeared "I remember a time when you liked him, so what happened?"

"Oh, I don't know if I should tell you" she said and dropped her head.

"Casey Emily Brown, tell me please. I want to hear it, I can handle everything" I placed my pointer finger under her chin and lifter her head up.

"I had nothing against him when you two started dating but one day I saw something" Casey took a deep breath "he was with some girl in that park in the center"

"Was it his sister?" I asked. I don't know why I said that, maybe it was hope, because I feel like I know where this is going.

"I thought the same at first but he... he kissed her, like kissed her" Casey gave my hand a tight squeeze.

"I was walking past them when that happened and he noticed me. I told him that I'll tell you everything I saw, because he's a cheater"

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"I didn't tell you, because he threatened to tell you something about me" Casey looked down again. "I couldn't let him tell you so I never said anything"

"Casey I can't-"

"Let me finish" she stopped me by placing a finger on my lips "I didn't want to give up so easily so I told him that I don't care about him revealing my secret"

"So his only choice was to breakup with you. I didn't think that he would end your relationship so fast and with such a stupid excuse"

Casey took her hand away from my face to let me talk but I froze. I was heartbroken for two months after that. When Chris asked me out again I was in heaven! And she knew that he cheated on me, hell! He still might be in multiple relationships.

"Lauren, I am so sorry that I didn't tell you earlier. I really hoped that he would be gone after that"

"What was the secret?" I asked, my voice got shaky from holding back tears. "What was the reason why you didn't tell me"

"I can't tell you" I noticed that now Casey's eyes are getting filled with tears.

"Tell me, I can take it. I'm already in a lot of pain so that can't be worse" I let my tears free, my heart pounding in my chest. I'm so stupid.

"Lauren, that might make you even more hurt. I don't want you to-"

"Just say it Casey! I don't give a damn anymore!"

"I love you more that a best friend should" she whispered.

"What?" I looked at the girl sitting in front of me. Her eyes red from tears, but also they screamed full of fear. Fear of my reaction to what she said.

She's in love with me? 

This question filled my mind. I forgot about finding out that my boyfriend is a cheater. My best friend, a girl I know my entire life, is in love with me.

"That's the big secret Lauren. Somehow he found out, and I didn't want you to know, so I never told you the truth about him"

"I... I don't know what to say, I'm sorry" I rushed out of Casey's room. I don't know what to do.

a/n

sup dudes

hope you liked this chapter, it's going to be a short story so we're getting straight to business lol