Chapter 13

Listen to the song it's one of my favorites. And press the star button on your screen.

   Rameen

   My makeup still required some finishing touches when mom entered my room along with Rania and Sheema, she asked the beautician to wait outside and then turned and said to me.

   "Do you trust us, Mia?"

    "What kind of question is that?" I asked.

   "Just answer me", She said.

   " Yes, of course. I trust you", I replied.

   "Will you accept the decision of your elders?" She asked again.

   Now I was freaking out, what was happening, are they planning to give half of the company to Imaad.

   "Mom, you don't have to do this, I don't want to marry some greedy filthy piece of shit", I said, in other circumstances, my mom would have given me a dressing down for the use of my language but right now she ignored it.

   " No, we don't want you near to that family again", She replied.

   "Then why are you asking these weird questions?" I asked puzzled.

   "Mia if we make a decision for your life, will you trust us and accept it?" She asked.

  "Yes, I will", I replied immediately.

   I know my family will always want the best for me, I know they loved me and they will do anything to see me happy.

   " Good", She said and nodded to Sheema.

   Sheema picked up the Dupatta (long scarf accompanied with traditional south Asian dresses) of my lehenga and covered my head with it, my mom asked me to follow her, there were so many questions in my mind that I was dying to ask Sheema and Rania, but I couldn't in the presence of my mom.

    They took me to the living room where already a group of men were sitting, they made me sit beside Dada and my mom sat beside me on the couch.

    A man started reciting some verses and spoke some words about the nikah, my heart sank "Who were they getting me married too?" I thought bewildered.

   I didn't have to wait for long as Qazi asked me if I accept my nikah to Waleed Kamal in turn of Haq Mehr of 10 million in gold of the value of the current currency.

   I couldn't believe I was getting married to Waleed Kamal, of all the people in the world, God chose Waleed Kamal for me?
I was feeling it difficult to breathe, how can I marry Waleed, I hated that guy, he was an arrogant asshole, and I can't stand him.

"Say yes Mia", Mom whispered in my ear, I wanted to cry no, but I couldn't I can't do this to my parents to my family, they will become a laughing stock.

   " Yes," I murmured with a broken heart.

   The Qazi repeated his words twice and I replied with a yes, my voice lower than the last time.

   "Yes".

  The Qazi repeated the words thrice, and I could hardly make out what he was saying as my head started to spin, I replied with a yes and passed out.

   I don't know for how long I had been out, but when I woke up I was in my room surrounded by worried faces of the female members of our family.

   " She woke up," Someone said and the chain started.

     Mom hurried to me and gave me coconut water to drink and blew her breath on me after reciting some verses.

      I gulped down the whole glass in a single breath as my throat was dry, I noticed everyone was looking at me with curious faces.