Chapter 16

Rameen

  "Mia, what dishes does Waleed like?" Mom asked me when she saw me half inside the refrigerator.

   I was searching for something that I could munch on, I was hungry. Sheema and Rania were still busy packing my stuff and I had told them I was going to the kitchen to grab something for us to eat.

   "How would I know that?" I asked her turning to her in surprise.

  "He is your husband", My mom said in accusation, she was trying to embarrass me.

  Too bad I don't get embarrassed so easily, " Mom we got married yesterday, not a year ago. How will I know what he likes to eat".

   "I was asking so I can ask the cook to prepare those dishes for the dinner, your dad had called and told him to dine with us", She replied thinking about something.

  Ohh God, was he coming for dinner, that meant I have even less time for completing my packing because the moment he arrives my mom will make me give him company.

   " And what is this you are wearing?" She looked at my clothes annoyed.

  I looked at myself, I used to wear these clothes all the time before the wedding, at that she didn't have any problem with them. What was different now?

   "You are an idiot Mia, you have just got married, you should dress properly so that your husband is attracted to you, if you will be wearing such clothes around him, it will be no surprise if he looks at other women", My mom gave me a long lecture, I don't agree with her on this but I didn't want to argue.

   "Okay, I will change into something", I said avoiding more lectures.

  "Come here, I will give you the saree I had bought for you, I had decided to gift you on your coming birthday but I will buy something else. You can wear it now", She said as she leads me to her room.

  " I can wear the dress which I was wearing when I came", I said wondering why so fuss.

  Mom didn't reply she went to her closet and pulled out a box and brought it to me. She kept it on the bed and opened it.

   It was a silk saree in yellow and pink combination, it was beautiful. Mom walked to the safe and brought back a gold necklace and bangles.

   "Wear this with it, they will look nice, now hurry up he would be here in an hour", She said pushing me towards the door.

   I walked to my room with the saree and the jewelry, Sheena and Rania looked at the box with curiosity. I opened the box and showed them the saree.

  " Wow!!!  Your Mom is making sure you get laid tonight", Rania said with a mischievous smile.

   I glared at her, but she ignored me and started looking at the jewelry.

  "Pretty, you want help wearing the saree?" She asked me.

  "I think I will manage", I know how to drape a saree, I have learned it from my aunt who was very fond of them and had taught me how to drape it when there was a traditional day in my college.

    " You both keep working, I will get ready or mom will again start lecturing", I said as I walked to the bathroom to freshen up.

   I changed into the saree, it had a pink blouse, Rania helped me with my hair and applied some makeup forcefully.

  "Wow, you look hot in this saree, I hope Waleed has good restraint", Sheema said when she saw me after the makeup.

  Mom called from downstairs, that Waleed was here and we should come down. The packing was almost finished, Rania and Sheema accompanied me downstairs.