Chapter 4

Picture belongs to Suzumindy, go look them up. They are awesome!! And this is not what my character looks like.

Also, why is it so hard to find any human bitty pics?

"Stay back!!" Brooke growled. She did not want to attack these skeletons. Outnumbered eight to one, she knew the odds were against her. But if they tested her, she would make sure that they would regret it.

Little whimpers came from behind her, "Book?"

"Stay back." Brooke said once more, but this time to those behind her in a much gentler yet still firm voice. She never once took her eyes off the monsters in front of her.

"What ya got there kiddo?" The skeleton with bags under his sockets in the blue hoodie questioned.

That only made Brooke more defensive. Raising the needle just a little higher in her hold, she reiterated. "Back off."

She said it in such a quiet and certain voice that the skeletons finally took the hint. They all took a step back. One took it even further and knelt in front of her.

After getting to his knees the little blue one tried to fix this mess. "PLEASE LITTLE BITTY, WE DO NOT MEAN YOU AND WHOEVER YOU SEEM TO BE HIDING ANY HARM. I AM SURE MY BROTHER DID NOT MEAN TO SQUISH YOU." When she gave no response, the little blue skeleton turned to the one in orange. "PA- UH STRETCH. COME APOLOGIZE."

"There's no need for him to apologize. He did nothing wrong."

"Heh, thanks kiddo." Stretch gave her a half smile.

"IF YOU'RE NOT UPSET WITH MY BROTHER FOR SITTING ON YOU, THEN WHAT SEEMS TO BE BOTHERING YOU?"

"There are many things bothering me, but lets start with the fact that y'all have taken my dog and now y'all are planning on taking my home from me."

The tall one in body armor gasped as his eye lights widened. "YOUR HOME? IS ALL THE STUFF INSIDE YOURS?"

"Mine and my family's. Who even sold this place to you?"

Edge huffed at her, "AND WHY IS THAT ANY OF YOUR BUSINESS PEST?"

Brooke huffed back, "Please just answer the question."

"W-WELL SINCE YOU MUST KNOW," Edge turned to the side. Refusing to look at her as a red hue slightly dusted his cheeks. "IT WAS AN OLDER COUPLE THAT SOLD THE HOUSE TO US."

The other skeletons were giving Edge strange looks. "Boss, are you blushing?"

"I MOST CERTAINLY AM NOT! IT IS JUST HOT OUT HERE."

Ignoring the side comment Brooke asked, "What were their names?"

Black responded this time, "Charles AND PEGGY."

Brooke took a moment to look at each of the skeletons to make sure they weren't messing with her. Sighing, she said, "Those are my grandparents. They owned this house previously before giving it to my parents."

Everything was silent until Red gave her a dry laugh. "Yeah right kid. You're just messing with us, Bitties don't remember anything about their lives before shrinking."

"Yeah well I'm the exception. I remember everything."

Edge narrowed his eye lights at her, "PROVE IT."

She gave him a confident smirk back, "Ask me anything about myself or my family that only I would be able to know."

"Ok," the skeleton in the blue hoodie said. "We'll each ask you one question and gauge whether you truly remember who you were before turning into a Bitty."