Friendship (Switch!Au)

Yugi Amane, a student at Kamome Academy, can normally be found walking through the hallways between classes. Today, though, he decided it would be best to take an alternative route. He pushed open the door that leads to the boy's bathroom and slowly made his way to the door of the third stall. He glanced at it oddly, thinking to himself about how stupid this was. His close friend, Kou, mentioned that there would be a ghost here that would grant his wishes. He took a deep breath and knocked on the door three times.

"Hanako-san, Hanako-san, are you there?" He asked out loud while facing the door.

Nothing happened for a good ten seconds.

"Stupid, stupid," The short boy spoke to himself, "Why would I think that-"

He felt a cold grasp on his shoulder.

"Here I am~," A feminine voice accompanied the hand that was just put on the boy's shoulder.

"Gah! What?" The young boy shouted as he tried to push away the translucent figure who now stood in front of him. That attempt came with no reward though, as his hand seemed to go right through the person. A chuckle rose from the ghost.

"Are you okay?" The feminine voice asked menacingly.

Amane backed away from what he could tell was a girl with long, silver hair with teal ends. She wore an old school uniform with some sort of hat and had two ghostly orbs by her sides.

"You're... you're a-" Amane started to speak, only to be cut off by the girl.

"I'm an apparition," The girl grinned between her sentence, "The seventh of the Seven Wonders of the school, Hanako-san of the bathroom. Nice to meet you~"

"You're Hanako-san? You're lying! You're a girl!" Amane cried while staring at the girl in front of him with shock.

"I am a girl, but the rest of the rumors you've heard about me are true. I grant a wish for whoever summons me and take one thing as payment," She smiled at him, "You've got one, right? Tell me your wish."

Amane looked at the ground and rubbed the back of his neck, "Well, you see... It's not a difficult wish. It's something simple, but hard for me to do... Do I honestly have to have repercussions because of it?"

The ghost laughed while slowly walking up to the boy. She traced her finger across his jawline.

"Silly, silly boy... You know you can't just summon a spirit without consequences, right?"

Amane's large, amber eyes stared back at the girl with fear. "I mean, I didn't think about it like that..."

"That's all alright, boy. Say, what is your name anyway?" The apparition looked at him with a softer expression than before.

"Yugi Amane, I'm a first-year highschooler in class 1-A. My wish is to have a friend who I can share my secrets with," He stared at the ground while a light pink dusted his cheeks.

Hanako looked at him with pity. Is that all he wanted?

"Seems easy enough," Hanako spoke with a sigh, "I can make that happen if you want."

"You can?" The boy looked up at her floating figure with hope in his eyes.

Hanako smiled at him, "Of course! I can be your friend!"

Amane's smile started to falter.

"What's that look for, do you not want to be friends with a ghost?" The girl asked while frowning.

"No! No, that's not it," Amane panicked, "I was just... you know... thinking that it would be a boy that would be my friend."

Hanako sighed. "Well, I don't have 'magical powers' if that's what you're thinking. I can't just make people like you."

"What? I thought you granted wishes!" The short boy complained to the ghost.

"Well nobody has been able to or knows how to summon me, so I don't truly know what I'm doing," The girl chuckled at him while fixing her hat, "I do know that I want to be your friend though."

"You do?" The boy looked at her with curiosity.

"Of course! You can call me Hanako-chan."

"Well then, Hanako-chan it is."

~~

A/N:

Hi, y'all! I hope that you will come to enjoy these little stories I'll be writing when I'm bored. I am in no way an author, and my grammar may be pretty bad because I'm only 14 haha. You can 100% recommend one-shots that you want to see! I'm not very creative, so that would be extremely appreciated ʕʔ

Enjoy the rest of your day!

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any of these characters. They all belong to Iro Aida.