Twisted Fate (MANGA SPOILERS)

!!MANGA SPOILERS!!

        Yashiro lay on the floor in a pool of her own blood, her school uniform stained crimson from the gaping hole in her chest.

She was dead.

Lifeless.

Hanako was clutching her limp body in his arms, his head on her chest. He heard screaming, but he wasn't sure where it was coming from. He didn't care. The girl he fell in love with is dead in his arms and he couldn't save her.

His throat started to hurt.

The screaming was coming from him.

Yashiro seemed to be looking up with her eyes dull and half-closed. Hanako slowly closed her eyes and laid her back gently onto the floor. He charged furiously at the apparition who had just killed the young girl. He beat it mercilessly. He was bathing in all different types of blood. He didn't mind at this point. He beat the apparition. He didn't allow himself to stop.

"Hanako, that's enough!" Kou was screaming at him with tears down his face, "It's done!"

The ghost turned around and walked back to Yashiro's body. He dropped onto his knees and clutched her in his arms once again. He gently caressed her pale, lifeless face and brushed her hair behind her ears. He held her close to his body. He sobbed into her hair.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, Yashiro. Please forgive me. I'm sorry," He cried out loud. Hanako can't remember the last time he cried. It doesn't matter.

Yashiro is dead.

She's dead.

There was nothing he could do to save her. At least, that's what he kept telling himself. He knew, deep in his heart, that he could've saved her if he would've gotten to her sooner. He knew that she couldn't protect herself. She is just a small girl who Hanako put too much of his faith in. Hanako felt the last of her warmth leave her body. He felt a pitiful, sad gaze burning into his side. Hanako looked up at Kou.

"I could've saved her," Hanako started.

"Hanako, stop," Kou's voice was a mere whisper.

"If I would've just gotten to her sooner,"

"Hanako-"

"If I would've taken the blow for her,"

"Enough!" Kou stomped his foot down. "You and me both knew that this was her fate! You can't change fate, Hanako!"

"I did change fate, kid. I changed my own. If only I never took her with me,"

"Hanako, please! I can't listen to you anymore!" Kou was staring at Nene's limp body and walked over to where Hanako was holding her. Kou grabbed her hand.

"You're free now, Yashiro," Kou smiled sadly, "You can go."

Hanako felt something warm on his face. It felt like a hand. He tilted his head into the warmth until it was no longer there.

"Goodbye, Yashiro."

~~

I am uhh... sorry about this chapter. I couldn't help myself, I feel really lost right now so I decided to get it out this way. Ya know, because who doesn't need a little (or a whole lot) of angst in their life?? On the bright side, I've reached 800 reads!! That's so crazy! Thank y'all so much, it means a whole lot. Make sure you get up and stretch a little bit. See you all next time.