Sleep (Sick!Nene Au)

Nene slowly walked into the nurse's office after being excused from class by her teacher. Her face was pale and sallow, and she all around looked exhausted. None of her family is home, for the time being, so she is forced to stay at the school for the rest of the day. Yashiro pulled the thin covers of the bed up to her nose and whined softly. Her face was hot to the touch and she was sweating. The curtain surrounding her slowly swayed with a noise, which caused Nene to open her eyes. In front of her, she sees Hanako staring down at her with pity.

"What happened to you?" Hanako cleared his throat when Yashiro pulled the covers over her head.

"Sick," The cream-haired girl grumbled.

Hanako just nodded and pulled a chair next to her bed and sat in it.

"Do you need anything?" Yashiro sassed to the apparition.

"Nah, I'm just gonna sit here," The boy spoke softly.

Yashiro hummed at his answer and slowly fell asleep to the white noise of the air conditioner.

        Hanako watched Yashiro as she slept semi-peacefully. He paid attention to the rhythm of her breaths, and how her face would shift every once in a while. He had been sitting there in absolute silence for an hour, doing nothing but studying his assistant. Hanako had never noticed before how pretty the girl in front of him was before now. Her cream-colored hair cascaded along her shoulders as she slept, rising and falling with her chest while she breathed. Hanako took his hat off and set it aside on top of the table that was placed next to the bed. The apparition watched as Yashiro grew restless and uncomfortable, and he moved closer to her. He took her hand into his and slowly traced the top of it. Yashiro soon calmed down to her normal breathing again, and Hanako breathed a sigh of relief. He placed her hand back by her side and moved closer to her head. He lowered his head onto the edge of the bed and rested it there.

"You know, I'm glad I found you," Hanako whispered to the sleeping girl, "I haven't been happy in a very long time. Thank you for changing that."

Hanako slowly drifted off into sleep along with the girl.

        Hanako was woken up by the uncomfortable thrashing of Yashiro. There was a sheen layer of sweat on her forehead, accompanied by small tears that have rolled down her cheeks. Hanako panicked at the sight and looked around in a frenzy.

"Hanako," Yashiro cried, "Hanako, where are you?"

The ghost put a hand on her forehead, proving his presence.

"I'm right here, what's wrong?" Hanako asked, feeling guilt in his gut. He had no idea about how to help the girl in front of him.

"I don't know," Yashiro struggled in her spot, "Help, please."

Hanako lowered the blankets down to her waist and lifted her back up onto the pillows for more support, feeling the warmth that she was putting off on his fingertips. He grabbed a washcloth and ran cold water over it. He rung the cloth out in the sink and placed it on her forehead. Yashiro seemed to relax under the coolness of the rag, but she still appeared uncomfortable.

"Here," Yashiro spoke softly, "Come here."

Yashiro moved over and patted the spot next to her. Hanako's faced flushed and he looked at her with curiosity.

"Are- are you sure?" The boy stuttered.

Yashiro only nodded in response. This was enough for Hanako to move next to her. Yashiro placed her head on his chest and sighed contently. Hanako placed his hand on her head and slowly rubbed circles onto her scalp. Yashiro fully relaxed at this, and her breaths became even again.

"There you go, good girl," Hanako cooed to the sickly girl.

Yashiro quickly fell asleep, and Hanako followed her soon after.

~☆~

Hey, y'all! I hope you guys are having an amazing day/night, whatever it is where you are. Make sure you take your medicine if you have any, and get some good sleep! I care about you guys! Until next time!