I'm Yours (Soulmate!Au)

Yashiro stares at a red string that seems to be slowly leading out her bedroom door. She had just woken up to her screaming alarm with her head laid down on her books. She looks at the time and her head jolted upward. She looked down to her right hand where it seemed that the red string was wrapped around her finger.

"What is this?" The short girl asked herself in terror.

She had no time to ask her mother about it or to look it up. She quickly gets ready and rushes out the door to her bus, which she nearly missed by being so distracted from the extremely strange phenomenon that is tied to her finger. She relaxes next to her friend, Aoi, with a disturbed look on her face.

"Goodmorning, Ao-chan," Nene speaks quietly to the purple-haired girl who she is now sitting next to.

"Hi, Nene-chan!" The purple-haired girl spoke. "Are you doing alright? You look concerned,"

Yashiro thought to herself quietly before answering her friend. She had heard situations of this type of thing happening before, but she never thought that it would happen to her.

"Yeah, I'm alright. Just a little tired," The silver-haired girl lied.

Aoi smiled at her friend. She knew something was up with her, but she decided not to push it. The rest of the bus ride was quiet and contained Yashiro staring out of the window lost in her thoughts.

       Yashiro was sitting in her class daydreaming instead of doing her math work. She looked down at her hand where the red string lay flat on the table and leading out of the door. She tried to pick it up to no avail, for that her hand only went through it. She sighed and raised her hand.

"May I go to the restroom, please?" Nene asked shyly toward the teacher.

"Yes, go ahead. Be quick back," Her teacher answered back.

Yashiro slowly stood up from the chair and walked out the door. While walking toward the bathroom, she noticed that the string seemed to be shortening up.

Odd.

Nene gently pushed open the door to see Hanako on the ledge, staring at his shoes. She looked from her hand to his, only to see that the string was connected to both of them.

"Hi, Hanako-kun," Yashiro started while taking a deep breath, "What is this?"

Nene pointed to their hands and Hanako turned his body towards her, his feet hanging off the ledge.

"It's a soulmate string," The apparition spoke nonchalantly.

"It's a what?" The short girl looked at him with shock. Hanako slid off the ledge.

"Are you deaf? I said it's a soulmate string. We're soulmates, or whatever," Hanako's ears were dusted with a deep shade of red. He refused to look up at her.

"So... what do we do about it?" Nene asked her friend shyly, slowly walking closer to him.

Hanako was visibly tense about the situation. What Nene didn't expect though, was for him to pull her into an embrace as soon as she got in front of him.

"Ah! Hanako?" Nene slowly accepted the hug back. She felt him relax as he choked out a small cry. It was so unlike the pervy jokester she had grown to love over their time spent together. 

"I'm sorry, Yashiro," The boy sighed, "You don't deserve this. You deserve a real person as your soulmate."

Yashiro pulled away at him saying this. She gripped his shoulders in a demanding manner. Hanako only glanced up at her.

"The universe decides for us, Hanako-kun. We can't change fate, even if we wanted to," Yashiro smiled brightly at the boy, "So if we're meant to be soulmates, then we're soulmates! I don't care if you're real or a ghost."

Hanako looked up at her with surprise written on his face. He gently placed his right hand on her face and intertwined his left hand with her right.

"Thank you, Yashiro."

~☆~

Hi again! Sorry, this is very OOC, but I'll try better next time. If you haven't yet, go get something to eat, get a drink of water, and text someone to see how they're doing! If you're quarantined at the moment like I am, maybe get some fresh air by either opening up the window or going for a walk. I love you all and be safe!