«Chapter Seven»

"The fuck did you just say?"

Jyeon looks at Jungkook with an eyebrow raised, amused with what he just called her. Jungkook refuses to lose his composure. His smirk grows wider as he can tell the girl grew fond of that, knowing that it lightened her mood a bit.

She scoffs amusingly, running her fingers down her own hair.

"Well," Jyeon starts, looking down at her heels with pure amusement.

Jungkook can tell that what he said caught her off guard. She probably thought that it would hurt his dignity or his masculinity saying such a thing. But, she was stood corrected, and he it was his chance at catching her off guard now.

On the contrary, though, Jyeon didn't let anything take the earned confidence and courage that she has built for herself for years over a boy. But she can tell that something about him is off. She noticed that as soon as she locked eyes with him from the very start. He's not like what the tabloids say, but at the same time, he could be if he wanted to.

And she can tell that that isn't what he wants.

"What's your deal, anyway?" Jyeon blurts out. Jungkook looks at her in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Why are you working alongside your father?" Jyeon asks, staring at her nails now. "There's gotta be a reason why a college student is purposely choosing work over other things."

Jungkook looks at her, then at the floor with a hint of conflict in his eyes. He doesn't want to show that he was slightly taken aback by that question, but it did as a small smirk is creeping up Jyeon's face.

"I used to race too," Jungkook started. "But, that had to end because the tabloids took it out of proportion, and the school board saw."

"They threatened to kick me out of the school," Jungkook says bitterly. "Even though it was illegal, I loved doing it, and it was such a hard decision to do to lose something that you love."

Jyeon listen intently, surprised that he's also a racer.

Suddenly she remembers something. She stands up and looks at Jungkook with annoyance. He flinches, perplexed by her actions.

"It was you!" Jyeon says whilst pointing a finger at him. He looks at her with wide eyes quizzically.

"You were the one who tied with me at the Grand Seoul race," she says irritatingly, poking the inside of her cheek.

His confused face quickly turns into a smirk. "So you were the girl who blew that kiss at me."

"I'm impressed. I knew you were a racer, but I didn't know you were a really good one." Jungkook laughs.

That made her snap.

"Listen here, rich boy," she starts annoyingly. She pokes his chest harshly, making him wince slightly. "I am known to be one of the fucking best racers in this damn city."

"The tabloids know that, and so should you, because unlike you, I haven't fucking stopped, and I never will."

"I'd go pro if this damn city would stop being so sexist." Jyeon shakes her head in annoyance. She backs away and begins to poke the inside of her cheek again. She starts to shake her head at how stupid the racing rules are. No fucking women allowed. Pathetic.

Jungkook cracks a small smile, and starts to laugh. "I was joking. I know you're good. I heard you're in the top 3 racers in the city, and top 5 in the country."

"But, who still tied?"

Jyeon lunges her fist at his shoulder, but he manages to grab her fist. She looks at him with wide eyes. Jungkook stares into her eyes longer than he anticipated, as so did she. He pulls her closer, making her gasp.