«Chapter Eight»

"Jungkookie~~"

Jungkook rolls his eyes due to the sound of her voice. Sakura hurries to his side and touches his shoulder with a pout on her face.

"You're not mad at me still, right?" She pouts. However, Jungkook noticed that her question was a forceful one, meaning that if he doesn't say she wants to hear, he might get himself a tantrum out of her.

"No, I'm not, Sakura." Jungkook says with a forced smile. He looks at Sakura to see if she bought it, and to his surprise, it did. She smiles brightly, squeezing his shoulder gently as a gesture of happiness.

"I was looking for you everywhere!" Sakura says. She starts walking whilst dragging Jungkook alongside her. Jungkook starts to walk by force, patiently waiting for his time of escape.

"What is it, Saku?" Jungkook asks absentmindedly. His attention was towards the female, but his eyes were somewhere else; darted at the door of Jyeon's office.

"So, I was thinking of giving you some ideas that we couldn't maybe work together for the merged companies!" Sakura says excitedly, pulling out her phone to show Jungkook the notes she has stored in her phone.

"We? But I'm working with Jyeon, Saku." Jungkook says. He swiftly looks at his watch for the time, then at Sakura who rolled her eyes.

"That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to work with you." Sakura says. A slight hint of annoyance is heard in her voice. She wanted to at least see if it was worth a shot.

"Sorry, Sakura, but I don't have the time in my hands to do that." Jungkook says. "May I at least see the ideas so that I can show them to Jyeon? I'm sure you wouldn't mind right? I'll be more than happy to give credit."

Sakura locks her phone and looks at Jungkook with furious eyes. "Why should I do such a thing! I refuse to let some other woman use my ideas!" Sakura exclaims harshly. Jungkook shrugs. That caught Sakura off guard. She wanted Jungkook to understand her, but instead he shrugs and looks at her with a careless look. "That's fine, Jyeon and I are going to start working on some ideas either later today or tomorrow anyway."

Jungkook leans in and hugs her, patting her back in the process. Before he backed away, Sakura noticed something that made her completely furious. The tint of lipstick color that seems to be appearing near Jungkook's mouth. She notices the same color in his neck area as well. She can feel a pang; multiple pangs in her heart. She knows that if was definitely her; it was a given for Sakura.

To confirm, she stops him from fully backing away and examines at his face carefully with a fake worried look on her face.

"Jungkook, what's this on your face? Did something happen?"

She sees that his demeanor quickly changed. His body stiffened like stone, and his eyes widened. "What? I don't think I'm following." Jungkook says quickly. He attempts to look oblivious; he tries to keep his composure without raising any suspicion.

Sakura's heart breaks as she notices that he's lying.

"It must be the food I are earlier." Jungkook lies. "I had a strawberry shortcake with extra strawberry syrup for dessert."

The brewing hatred within her heart for Jyeon grows as she looks at Jungkook still trying to act like he doesn't know a thing.

She lets it go for now, knowing very well that Jungkook is incredibly stubborn, so this will most likely continue for hours unless she ends it.

"Oh!" Sakura laughs. "Thanks for sharing." Sakura fakes a pout and pretends to shed a tear. Jungkook chuckles nervously, scratching the back of his neck.