«Chapter Twelve»

"Sakura?"

She smiles. Nodding as if the man can see her, she giggles quietly and hums in agreement. "That's my name."

The masculine voice chuckles. Sakura can tell that Baekhyun is smirking in real life. That intrigues her.

"What can I do for you, Saku?" Baekhyun asks with a husk tone. The effect the phone call makes makes Baekhyun's voice even deeper. Sakura enjoys that, wondering why Jyeon is so incompetent with men.

"I kind of have some news for you, and if you don't mind, I would like you to do something for me." Sakura says.

The line is silent for a bit. Baekhyun grabs his cup of coffee that just came to his table. He takes a sip and sighs in delight by how good that sip of coffee was. Before he has to go to work, he always stops by his local coffee shop for some relaxing air.  The ambience of the coffee shop and the people surrounding him calms him. It brings a sort of ease to his sense of mind.

Baekhyun raises an eyebrow in sudden interest. "Is that so?"

"You're gonna like it, Baekie." Curiosity bubbles inside of him. He begins to hope for the unexpected, so he leans forward into his seat, closes his eyes, and hums in interest.

"Jyeon is here." Baekhyun's eyes snap open. His body suddenly feels heavy with relief and nervousness. He slightly inches the phone away from his ear, not even bothering to respond to Sakura's now faint voice. He smiles widely; a sinister smile as the memories of Jyeon and him begin to flood his mind.

Sakura looks at her manicure patiently, knowing very well that Baekyun is surprised by the unexpected news. She can hear the man's breath quicken, making her grin.

She knew that, that hit a nerve, although she believes that Baekyun has no sense of humanity due to how disinterested he is all the time.

The line remains quiet. Baekhyun can't stop smiling. His sudden wish has came true: Jyeon has finally appeared again into his life. He never wanted her to leave, never. But, to his disadvantage, he never knew how sharp Jyeon is. He thought that she would stay forever, but he was wrong.

For once, he was wrong.

He slowly raises the phone into his ear and clears his throat. "Is that so?" Baekhyun asks. The sound of his voice is laced with pure interest. He moves his finger around the rim of his cup of coffee, and smirks as he hears Sakura's cynical laughter ring in his ear.

"She is here at her father's company." Sakura says. "His father is merging with my mother's friend, Bang-nim, meaning that Jungkook is here."

A heavy sigh exits her small figure. She begins to clench her fist, digging her nails into the palm of her hand. A weird, but damaging habit she has as her nails dig so deep into her skin, her palm starts to bleed. The people around her question her about it, and only a few people know about it, including Baekyun and Jungkook, but she could care less.

Baekhyun hears her sigh. He can already tell that this is something that she wants him to take care of.

"Unfortunately, Jungkook isn't interested in me, but her, and--"

"Wait." Sakura stops. She hears Baekhyun chuckle quietly to himself, but the tone was dark and ominous.

"Don't tell me..?" He trails off.

"Yes." She sighs. She hears a faint drop of something falling to the ground. She looks down and sees a drop of blood. She curses under her breath and lets her hand relax.

"She is also interested in Jungkook." Baekhyun shakes his head in disbelief.

But, how? He wonders. He could have sworn that he broke her spirit into absolute pieces. He made sure that, if she was going to exit his life, that she might as well never love anyone else at all.