Chapter 1

Axel's P.O.V

"Uncle!" I yelled.

That purple dragon, what was his name again? Burple? Well he was rolling down the hill. And FAST. My uncle, Magnus, turned around in horror. I told him he should have just crossed the finish line! But no, instead he just had to stand there and gloat. Now his chance to be chief was ruined! Or so I thought.

Just as Burple was about to hit the Mechano dragon, my hand slipped and pushed a lever. The mechanical dragon bolted forward and shoved Magnus over the finish line, just before Burple crossed it. I looked over at Hannahr, the judge.

"Oh... um, well... Team Finke wins." She said, sounding defeated.

Burple roared a sad roar. It sounded so horrible, like an animal caught by a hunter's trap, knowing what happens next. I almost felt bad that we won. Hannahr lifted the chiefly helmet of chiefdom (I know, it needs a new name) and placed it on Magnus's head.

"Everyone, please stand for... Chief Finke!"

Winger's P.O.V

"Team Finke wins!" Hannahr yelled.

"Noooooo!" I heard Dak cry.

I had to admit, when I saw Burple, I thought for sure that we were going to win. I had let my hopes up for one second, only to have them crash back down. Like a dragon egg dropped from a high height.

"All rise for Chief Finke!" This couldn't be happening. Magnus, running the town? This was going to be terrible! Magnus pulled a jeweled Viking helmet from the inside of the mechano dragon.

"Leyla's spring queen helmet!" Dak exclaimed. He threw off the chief helmet and put on the spring emperor crown.

"I don't like where this is going. This is not right. This is very bad." Summer whispered to me. Magnus strutted back over to the crowd of vikings.

"Actually, I prefer King Finke." He said with a pure evil in his voice. We had no idea that the badness has only just begun.

Cliffhanger! Sort of. I know this chapter is short, but I didn't really plan out the beginning of the story 😅. From here on out, I will plan ahead, I promise.