Chapter 4 ~ Safe with Me

Bella's POV

I know I said I wasn't going to go but I actually end up going. 

You're such a dumbass.

I know, you don't have to tell me.

I followed Isaac to his house not expecting a huge mansion in front of me. 

"Wow," Is all I said like a pathetic person.

"Haha, I know," He laughs.

What an asshole.

He let me in and I trailed after him to his room. It was a really simple room with white walls, hardwood floors, and his bed was even a basic grey.

How boring...

"Sit," He stood with his backpack still around his shoulder.

"Where?" I was completely clueless.

"On my face," He smirked.

"Okay then," I sat on his bed awkwardly and put my bag down on the floor between my legs. "So where do you want to start? I was thinking that-" 

"What's your favorite movie?" He interrupts me.

"I'm sorry?" I glare at him.

"Like what do you want to watch?" He motions to the huge flatscreen in front of his bed that I hadn't noticed before. 

"Aren't we supposed to be working on the project?" 

"I mean we could or..." He looks at the TV.

"No," I cross my arms.

"Yes,"

"No,"

"Yes!" 

"Nooo,"

"Please!" He whines and gives me a pouty face.

He's so cute when he does that.

"Okay, fine. You know it's only your adorable face that gets you what you want." I blurted out without thinking and I immediately cover my mouth with my hand. 

"You think my face is adorable?" His voice goes up an octave.

"N-no, I meant that-yeah..." I look down and cover my face.

He pulls my hands away from my face and kneels down.

"No! It's cute." He gives me a big smile.

"I'm sorry, that was so embarrassing." I laugh.

"It wasn't even that bad." He stands up.

"Can we watch Grey's Anatomy?" I look up at him.

"Okay, now that's bad!"

"It is not! How dare you disrespect McDreamy like that." I put my hand on my chest and act offended. 

"I don't care, we're watching something else." He grabs the remote. 

"No!" I stand up and try to grab it from him but he raises it above my head.

Why am I so damn short?

"Come and get it!" He laughs and spins around behind me. 

I continue to jump up and down to try and get it but he keeps backing up and teasing me until he hits his bed and falls backward. I take this as my chance to get the remote, so I reach over him and try to grab it but his arm goes around my waist and he pulls me down with him.

"You asshole," I laugh.

Usually, I would be flustered by what he did but I surprisingly wasn't. Something about Isaac just made me so comfortable to be around him. Like I've known him my whole life. For real this time. I guess I did really judge him.

~~~

We end up watching The Kissing Booth and binge-watching a bunch of other random shows. We talked and I learned quite a lot about him. He talked about his vacations in Mexico with his family which I obviously already knew about because I stalked his social media. He also had an older sister, Lisa, which I also already knew about. Yes, I'm quite the stalker.

"I love this movie so much." I laugh as the ending credits start rolling. 

"I love your laugh," He stares into my eyes as he lays next to me.

"What time is it?" I completely ignore what he just said and stand up. I check my phone and see that it's 10:30 PM. "Oh shit!" My mom is probably freaking out because she doesn't know where I am. 

"Let me drive you home." Isaac jumped off his bed and rushed after me.

"It's fine, Isaac. I'm perfectly capable of walking by myself. Thank you for the offer though," I smile at him.

I got into his car anyway like an idiot. I told him my address and he started driving. 

"So wasn't that fun? Living a little?" He nudges me while still paying attention to the road. 

"I guess," I look out the window and smile to myself. 

When we arrive at my house, I realize that my mom's car isn't in the driveway.

"Where is it?" I mumble quietly looking up and down the street.

"Where's your mom's car?" He looks at me and parks across from my house.

"Probably in the garage, but um, it's fine. I'll figure it out." My heart skipped a beat as a scary thought entered my head. What if there's a serial killer? Is my mom okay? There can't be, she probably parked in the garage. No, she didn't. She never does.

"No, I'll come in with you." He unlocks both doors and unbuckles his seatbelt.

"Isaac, I'm pretty sure she went out with a friend or something. She told me before I left school this morning and I just forgot." I proceed to get out of the car and he grabs my hand.

"I know you're lying and I'm coming in with you." He stares at me directly in the eye which stopped me from saying no because he seemed sincere. 

"Let's go," I sighed and pulled my hand away.

My heart started beating faster because I was so scared of opening the front door. 

Those three steps up to the door seemed like a million. I took my keys out from my jacket pocket and my hands were shaking so much that I couldn't unlock the door.

"Bella, I'll do it." Isaac grabbed the key from hand and cautiously unlocked the door to reveal an empty house.

He turned to me and chuckled. 

"A burglar wouldn't lock the door, right?" He nervously laughed again.

It wasn't just a regular empty house but one with a smashed vase on the floor with papers spread everywhere. Plates and glasses were smashed all over the place, it looked like a tornado came through here and left. 

"Oh my god," Isaac covered his mouth.

"I-I can't...where is she?" I didn't even bother to hold back any tears. They just kept falling and streaming down my face. I didn't even bother to wipe them away. My face was just emotionless. 

"This can't be happening." I finally breathed out.