Chapter 6 ~ I Need Some Space

Bella's POV

"Isabella, I am so sorry for your loss. My house will always be open to you. In fact, if you want to, you can start staying here right away." I went to Isaac's house after the reception and his mom was very kind to me.

"It's really not necessary. I promise you that I'm okay by myself." I assured her.

"No," Isaac whined and looked down at me while grabbing my hand and intertwining his fingers with mine. "Please stay," He pouted.

I smiled at him and thought about how it would work out.

"Are you sure?" I double-checked with his mom.

"Of course, honey." She smiled.

"Okay..." I slowly said.

"Yes!" Isaac cheered, lifting me up and hugging me.

"You guys are adorable." Isaac's mom commented.

I laughed and buried my face into his shoulder.

~~~

Coming back to school was rough and of course, it came with the occasional "I'm terribly sorry for your loss." It's not like I was complaining, they're showing some gratitude and I appreciate it.

"Oh my god, Bella!" Someone came rushing up to me loudly.

"I'm sorry?" I faced Gloria, who for some reason was very close to my face.

"I'm so sorry for your loss and I heard your dad came back." I could see it in her eye that she didn't really care, she just didn't want to look bad.

"Stop pretending to care," I slammed my locker shut annoyed at her and started walking away.

"I was just trying to be nice and this is what I get back?" Her face immediately changed to disgusted.

"I never asked you to be nice." I rolled my eyes.

"I can see why he left." She said under her breath thinking that I couldn't hear what she said.

"What did you say?" I turned around and glared at her.

"I said, I can see why your dad left. You're an ungrateful hoe." She raised an eyebrow and gave me a sly smile.

"You know, I don't understand why people like you. You're a stuck up bitch who doesn't care about anybody except for yourself. Stop acting and let people see who you really are, a low ass hoe who thinks that she's better than everybody else." Everyone turned around to face me shocked.

"You little-" She ran up to me and punched me hard in the face.

"You have such an ugly personality that you have to resort to violence just to make yourself feel better now?" I pushed her away as my nose started bleeding.

"Oh shut the fuck up, just because Isaac likes you doesn't mean that you're higher than everyone else." She spat.

"I never said that." I scoffed.

"Suck-my-dick" She pushed me to the ground and continued to punch me in the face while sitting on top of me.

I quickly grabbed both of her arms, trying to turn her around and pushing them to the ground. My chest was pounding from her reckless and weak attempts to hurt me.

"Got nothing to say now?" I stared down at her.

She rolled her eyes and blew a strand of hair out of her face.

"Get the fuck off me." She struggled under my grip and I let her go.

"Bella!" Isaac came running through the crowd of students who were filming and helped me up.

"What happened? Are you okay?" He checked my arms for scrapes. "Your nose," He touched my bleeding nose lightly and I winced. "Jeez, sorry."

"It's fine," I shrugged him off.

"No, you're not. Come on, let's go." He pulled me out of the circle before teachers came.

~~~

I finally got Isaac to go home and I went back to my house to grab my stuff.

"Where do you think you're going?" My dad had startled me as I was packing away my stuff in a suitcase.

"I thought I told you to leave." I ignored him and kept grabbing clothes from my closet.

"Who was going to take care of you? You can't live here by yourself." He crossed his arms.

"I'm not by myself or even living here." I looked up at him finally.

"What the hell happened to your face?" His eyes strayed towards my bruised nose.

"It's nothing." I shook my head and zipped up my suitcase.

"You're not going anywhere." He blocked my way doorframe.

"Yes, I am. You can't tell me what to do."

"I'm still your father."

"No, you stopped being my father when you left me and mom by ourselves that night." I pushed his arm away.

~~~

When I pulled up to Isaac's house, he was already there to help me with my stuff.

"Hey, is your nose okay?" He grabbed one of my suitcases and reached out to me.

"Isaac," I pushed away his hand, "It doesn't hurt and I can feel it healing already." I smiled.

"Okay..." He silently walked away.

"Isabella! I'm so glad you're here, I heard what happened at school." His mom came running up to me and tightly hugged me.

Oh my god, what can I do to get some space around here?

~~~

When everything thing was finally set up in my new room, I lay down on the bed and finally take my first deep breath since the funeral.

Finally some fresh air and space. Not around a bunch of stuffy other people but just by myself.

~~~

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, sorry that it was a little shorter and lazier than usual :)