2. Unexpected Realizations

Anurag sat on his chair, his hand rotating the paper weight on the table, but his mind, completely elsewhere. He had already interviewed about ten candidates, but if asked, he would probably not know a singlw detail about any of those. Anupam was sitting in the couch, in a corner of that very cabin, disturbed with what he was seeing. He felt helpless because he just couldn't find one way enough to help Anurag out of his miseries.

When the next candidate entered, a woman, in her early twenties, she smiled politely at both Anurag and Anupam, and while Anupam did reciprocate, Anurag didn't even notice.

She kept standing there, waiting to be asked to sit, or speak, but when nothing happened, she frowned, confused and kept looking between Anurag and Anupam

She kept standing there, waiting to be asked to sit, or speak, but when nothing happened, she frowned, confused and kept looking between Anurag and Anupam. Anupam cleared his throat to break Anurag's trance, who immediately apologised and asked her to sit.

"Uhh, So Ms. Snigdha?", Anurag asked, taking her bio data in his hands, and she nodded, clearly a little nervous now, and began to answer his question.

Fifteen minutes later, Snigdha could take no more

Fifteen minutes later, Snigdha could take no more. She had heard a lot about Basu corporation, but this was nothing like what she supposedly thought was the bluff, outside. So she stood up, pushing the chair back, the sound bringing Anurag back to the room.

"Uhh, What happened?", Anurag questioned when he saw her picking up her handbag and extending her hand to take her CV back.

"I am sorry Sir, but I don't think you are in the mindspace for a proper interview and I have other interviews to give", Snigdha replied in a very calm tone, but anybody could look at her and tell she was irritated.

"Sorry?", Anurag was more confused.

Snigdga looked at him, and sighed. Calming herself down, she raised her eyes and kept her files down.

"Sir I am not going to judge you on the basis of this one meeting, and also because I have heard only praises about Basu corporation, but if you are in a bad mindspace, or something is disturbing you, you could have rescheduled thw interviews or asked somebody else to take them. You had my CV in your hand for past 15 minutes, but I doubt you know my name. I didn't come here with a surity for the job Sir, I have other pending Interviews lined up. And I guess most people outside would have the same view. So if you don't mind, I would like to leave, because you clearly aren't taking this interview right!", Singdha stated, and Anupam was downright impressed.