Traumatized

Traumatized

Nikki's POV

I woke up in a room, chained to a bed. A woman was standing over me. When she saw I opened my eyes, she smiled and said, "Hello, darling," said a smooth, female, British-accented voice.

"What?" Woah, my voice sounded weird. How long have I been asleep?

"Hello, darling," the woman repeated.

"How long have I been asleep?" I asked, a little scared to know the answer.

"About sixty years," she replied simply.

"What? That's not possible."

"Well, it's true. Do you know who you are?"

"I'm Nikki Barnes. Where am I?"

"Please stop asking questions, honey. I need you to cooperate with me. We need to run a few tests and go from there."

"What kind of tests? What's wrong with me?" I wondered.

"Honey, you just slept for seventy years. You surely don't expect us not to make sure everything in you is working properly." Right. That was what was wrong with me. "The same tests were run for Captain Rogers."

"Captain Rogers? He's... alive?"

"Alive and well. You missed quite a bit of action while sleeping."

--

I woke up with a jolt. I looked around, confused with my surroundings. My head hurt like he][. When I tried to sit up, it took all of my strength. There was a clock on the table next to the bed. It read 2:12. I fumbled out of the bed and made my way over to the door. As I grabbed the door handle, I collapsed to the ground. The door handle was crushed. I stared at my hands in wonder. With my remaining strength, I pushed myself to my feet and walked through the door. It was a bathroom. Just then, a harrowing pain entered my brain. It seemed to scan everything I knew, which wasn't much. My back crashed into the door, slamming it shut. I sunk to the floor. Nothing made sense. Where am I? Who am I?

There was a sound outside the door. "Kaylee?"

Who was Kaylee?

"Kaylee, please open the door. Are you okay? Kaylee, answer me. Please," the voice begged. For some reason, it made me upset. The voice was calling for someone. Someone with a name. Someone who knew who they were.

I got to my feet and swung my fist at the mirror. Once the two made contact, my fist started dripping blood. Hot tears ran down my cheeks. I wiped them away, but more came pouring doen. As my gaze drifted, I noticed my reflection in a shard of the broken mirror. My eyes were red, black strips of make-up staining my face. Blood from my fist was wiped across my cheeks. My hair was a bird's nest, and my lips were red and dry. My cheeks were tinted red as well.

"Kaylee, please come out. You're scaring me," the voice spoke again. "Just please answer me."

Outraged, I threw the door open and yelled, "Who the he][ is Kaylee!?"

The boy standing there took a few steps back, and his eyes widened in shock. "K..Kaylee?"

Just then, a little girl walked in. "What's going o-" she started. "Kaylee?" She looked scared. The girl took the boy's hand and hid behind him. "What's wrong with her?" she whispered to to boy.

"I don't know. Just go back to bed. I'll take care of it," the boy spoke. The girl slowly left, watching me the whole time. The boy turned to me. "Kaylee, you aren't yourself. Calm down."