Party!

I woke up early the next morning, still in Cubbie's arms. None of the others were up yet, and I was bored, so I woke Cubbie up. "Cubbie. Cubbie." I repeated his name over and over, lightly flicking his forehead to wake him up.

"Calliegh, stop..." He groaned and pushed my hand away.

"Sorry, I just want you to wake up." I smiled innocently up at him.

"You're right we need to get up." Cubbie nodded and sat up to stretch.

"Why the hurry? That's new."

"Well, considering we're only going to be here for another week, we have to get up."

"What? You're only going to be here for another week?" I pouted. I knew this day was coming, I just didn't want to think about it.

"Sorry, we found out yesterday while you were in surgery."

"What? I was in surgery?" I asked in total disbelief. What else happened to me while I was out if it?

"Riiiight... you didn't know about that..." Cubbie scratched the back his neck. "Well, you kinda had a dislocated shoulder, arm, ankle, and hip... and they had to correct some stuff because your arm was nearly twisted all the way around and out of socket. Your back was also strained pretty bad. You also had to get stitches in almost every cut you got. There was also an issue with trying to find the right blood to give you since you lost so much."

"Dang. I was really messed up."

"Yeah, but the doctors said you're going to be fine. You also don't have to have crutches to walk with. The knife cut was in a place that you can still put most of your body weight on your leg and not hurt it."

"I was lucky, wow..."

"Yeah, you're a truly blessed girl." Cubbie nodded.

"Well, what do we do now?"

"Get the guys up? Sleep?"

"I vote sleep!" I smiled and laid back down.

"Why did I know you were going to say that...?"

"Come on, Tough Guy, you need it too." I patted the spot next to me and he groaned but laid down again.

He was asleep again almost as soon as his head hit the pillow next to mine.

"Yeah, and tell me you don't need sleep one more time." I giggled to myself and fell back asleep.

* * * *

The doctors released me three days later, telling me that I should take it easy for the rest of the marching season and I have to take it easy with everything. They also ran a lot of tests on me to make sure that I wasn't going to drop dead randomly.

After being cleared, the guys drove me back home and was greeted by a welcoming party. Connor, Jake, Lyam, Jakob, and Jess came running out of the kitchen as I walked through the front door.

"Cal!" Jakob came running up to me and hugged my legs tightly. "I'm so happy you're finally home!" I winced as he hugged my legs, I had about three different sets of stitches in each of my legs.

I carefully pulled him off my legs before I slowly squatted down next to him. "Hey, squirt. What have you been doing these last couple of days?"

"I've been playing with Max!"

"Really? Wow! How's he doing? I haven't seen him in a long time!"

"He's the same, silly!" He giggled.

"Well, I guess I have to trust you!" I started tickling him. He erupted into a chorus of deafening shrieks of laughter. Then I felt something tugging on my sleeve. I looked over and saw Jess with her little stuffed bunny that I had bought her when Mom and Dad bright her home. "Hey, Jess! How's my little princess doing?"