3.

Year: 2023

Brisk footsteps carried her through the strategically placed stones on the grass ground as she held her bag. It was a rather hot day, the sun blazing yellow, warming up everything in its reach. She was perspiring quite a lot; the short shorts and the flimsy tank-top doing no good in cooling it down a notch.

As she walked through the neatly manicured potted plants, she absorbed everything she could see. The colorful flowers, the shrubbery, it all looked spectacular. She could only long for having a garden like this when she was successful. On walking a few more steps, Haven finally saw her.

In a far corner of the garden, just below a considerably large frangipani tree, was a medium sized table with a couple of chairs and an umbrella in the middle. Suzanna was sat on one of them with her feet up on the edge of the table, and head laid back. Her eyes were closed and a gentle smile rested on her face as her right hand held to a martini glass.

Suzanna was undoubtedly very beautiful. The dress that she wore showed off her tanned legs and hung loosely around her body. It was clear she wasn't wearing any make-up and her hair was done in a careless bun, yet she looked better than half of the female population combined. Haven could see why Harry must have been initially attracted to her, it is natural to be drawn to something as superlative as her.

 Haven could see why Harry must have been initially attracted to her, it is natural to be drawn to something as superlative as her

When Suzanna sensed someone's presence beside her, she opened her eyes and wasn't surprised to see a nervous Haven standing there, bouncing on the heels of her feet. As soon as their eyes met, Haven looked away, gulping and internally praying for it to go smoothly. It only made Suzy smile, knowing she scared the debutante writer to death in some way boosted her ego, although it was already bloated.

"Do have a seat." She gestured to the empty seats before her and brought her foot down from the table. "Would you like a drink?" she tipped her head to the bottles and a bucket of ice resting on the table before taking another sip.

"No. Thank you." Haven timidly sat on one of the chairs, directly in front of her. "I'm good."

"You look hot, are you sure you don't want anything?" Suzanna asked again, seeing small beads of sweat forming on her forehead.

"Erm... soda." She finally answered.

"Well help yourself then." Suzy said reaching out for a bottle to fill her martini glass with pink glistening liquid once again. When she brought the glass to her mouth, more than half of it was gone in one sip and Haven could only stare at her.

"What? You're looking at me like Lea does." This time she took a smaller sip when she brought the glass to her lips. "She thinks I have a drinking problem." She chuckled, "It's not a problem if you're great at it." She winked, the right side of her lips raising to form that coy smirk of hers. "Besides, if we're gonna talk about this, I can't do it sober."