14.

"Hi."

Suzanna noticed that the way he smiled at her was different from how he'd smiled at Lea. She didn't know yet if it was a good different or a bad different, she just knew that she felt angry at Harry. Angry because he had chosen Lea over her, but mostly at how she knew that what she was feeling was wrong.

"Is anything bothering you?" Harry could see that she wasn't happy as she was when they were inside.

Besides the scowl on her face, she was fidgeting, her eyes were avoiding his and fists were clenching and unclenching as she stared in front of her. All the tell-tale signs of a bothered mind.

"I'm fine." She lied, her eyes avoiding his as she continued to play with her fingers.

"D'you know what I think is wrong with the world?" Harry wondered out loud, "no one says what they really feel, they always hold it inside. They are sad, but they don't cry. They're happy, but they don't dance or sing. They're angry, but they don't scream." He was looking up at the clear sky, admiring the stars and the moon with a smile lingering on his features, "Because if they do, they feel ashamed and that is the worst feeling in the world. So, everyone just walks with their heads down and no one sees how beautiful the sky is."

Suzanna felt dazzled, amazed at how eloquently he could phrase something so intricate. But she was a hard nut to crack, always had been. It was her defence mechanism, to push people away. "What do you know? All of us don't have it easy as you do."

The gentle smile fell from his lips and Suzy regretted it as soon as she said it, realising her toxic habit had hit again. Whenever she felt hurt or threatened, she would pounce on anyone around her, trying to cause them the same amount of pain she was feeling.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean that. I'm just... just a bit frustrated."

Harry shook his head, "'S nothing." the fact that she apologised felt like a huge deal to him, he could see how hard apologising was for her. "I just want you to know that you can tell me anything. Might not be able to help, but I'm a good listener."

She couldn't help but smile at his kind words. His willingness to help her did make her feel better, but that doesn't mean she will go blabbering about how his closeness to her friend caused an ugly feeling to simmer inside her

"I'm going to miss her." she decided to divert the topic elsewhere. "We've been here for three years and she's helped me through so many things. And Lea will be starting college this year, which leaves me alone. I can't help this feeling of anger. I know it's irrational and selfish, but I feel like they are leaving me behind." Only when she had started ranting did she realise the honesty behind it. She might have said it to divert the attention, but she realised that the thing that was making her feel so insecure was this... her friends leaving her behind.

"Look at the bright side, they're leaving you with me." He had this goofy smile on his face that made her giggle.

"That's the worst part." She joked, eyes sparkling with mischief as she bit her lip, trying to contain the smile.

"Ouch. That hurt." He put a hand on his chest, pouting slightly. He looked awfully cute, playful and something that seemed to tug her heart a bit harder. But she only laughed and shook her head. Damn the alcohol...

"I guess nobody wants to be a hooker forever."

"Anna." Harry groaned, giving her a warning glance before she raised her hand in surrender.

"You know, I wanted that." She said, "I wanted to be a hoo- a sex worker forever." She looked down the street, it was fairly empty, except for a few people walking since it was almost midnight.