59.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT AS YOU READ THE STORY, GUYS! I MISS SEEING YOUR VOTES!

Suzanna stumbled along behind Derek, swallowing hard to keep the bile from bubbling up into her throat. Part of her wanted to lean over and vomit on the concrete, to rid herself of the sick feeling that was already wrapped around her insides and sunk its claws in deep. That little shard of hope she'd been holding onto earlier had been swallowed whole by fear, and there was nothing for her to cling to except for herself.

"Are you going to be okay?"

Derek was beyond worried for his best and only friend. The way she had her arms wrapped around herself, the way she had been far too quiet throughout their flight back home and the apprehension on her face was indication enough that there was a shit-storm going on inside her head. He did not like the thought of leaving her alone for her thoughts to devour her. At least not until Harry was back from England.

"I'll be fine." Suzy tried her best to brush it off as she searched around her bag, looking for the keys.

"Suzy," Derek shook his head, "You and I both know that's a lie."

"What do you expect me to tell you then, Derek?" She snapped at him, temporarily leaving her search aside, "That I'm going to be fucking fine? How am I supposed to feel fine when I might possibly be having a fucking baby!"

Derek sighed. He'd walked right into her outburst by asking her such a stupid question. Of course, she was not going to be fine. She had barely eaten since yesterday when she first suspected of her pregnancy.

"I'm sorry," he apologised, "I can stay with you for tonight."

"You need to go see your girlfriend. I know how eager you must be." Suzy shook her head. She couldn't let Derek do that. Especially not after how much heartache she herself had been through over the course of her own relationship. "Besides, Harry will probably be here by noon tomorrow."

"I'm sure she'll understand Suzy, I know you need someone with you right now and—"

"I don't need anyone, Derek." She lied through her teeth. In reality, she could feel herself tearing at the seams and she knew she was at the precipice of falling off a huge cliff, something she wasn't sure if she could ever overcome

By now Derek knew that it was useless trying to make Suzy agree to things she didn't want to agree on. So he knew the only way he could try to help her was with a compromise.

"How about I stay for a couple of hours, we order food and then I leave?"

"Dere—"

"C'mon!" Derek shook his head, taking the keys from her hand which she'd just retrieved. "I'm starving. Let's order some pizza."

Not giving her the choice to say no, Derek opened the door and grabbed one of Suzy's suitcases and walked in as Suzy grabbed the other and followed.

Suzanna was beyond tired. As she walked back inside her and Harry's home and she looked around, she saw all the happy memories flashing in front of her eyes, memories they had made over the past year that they had lived together. Harry lightly playing the piano while she sang in her horrendous voice, their drunken night at the living room they'd spent watching weird movies all night and gotten the big wine stain on the couch, dancing randomly on the kitchen tiles, the weird jokes and uncontrollable laughter.

Her eyes raked over every nook and cranny of the house and felt this overwhelming urge for a smoke or a glass of neat bourbon, or even a coffee. Anything to dull whatever she was feeling. The fear, anxiety and worry had been eating her alive since last night when she had suspected of her possible pregnancy. She was barely able to sit still for a moment without fidgeting and all that she wanted was to be able to think clearly for a moment. The turmoil going on inside her head didn't seem to allow that.