Chapter 2

Skylers POV
The drive to their house was very uncomfortable for me, being the while fact that I don't even know these people and they just adopted me!
"So, Skyler is it?" I nodded my head and let the woman continue
"Welcome to the family! Sorry for the surprise...my husband and I were good friends with your mother until she uh got killed...in a car crash." She re-gripped the steering wheel, brought her shoulders up and took a large breath out.
"Are you okay?" I asked
"Yes I am fine honey....by the way my name is Carla but you can call me mom if you want, you don't have too. And this is my husband Jerrold" she pointed a hand out towards the man in the passengers seat.
"And that's Jordan, but you can call her Jay for short if you want too" she pointed to the little girl that was in the car seat behind her.
"Hi" Jay said waving a hand out
"Hi..." I said shyly waving my hands and shifting a little in my seat.
I looked out the window and counted all the cars that passed us while we were on the highway.
Carla parked the car and I got out right away, getting bitch slapped across the face by the air that seemed to be much colder from the last time I was outside.
My teeth were clinking together like how wine glasses would when you do cheers.
I could see my breath and all the hairs on my arms and legs were standing up straight.
"Here we are..." Carla said opening the door.
I was greeted with a warm wave of wind brushing up against me as she opened the door.
I sighed in relief but the cold air quickly came back to freeze me to death.
"Are you coming Sky?" Carla asked holding the door open.
Okay now I just feel like I'm intruding in their home.
I stepped into the warm house and relaxed my muscles as the warm air surrounded me making me feel like I'm in a blanket of air.
"Come on! Let's go to my room! I got a new bed!" Jay dragged me to her room upstairs and opened the door leading to a huge room for a four year old.
"You see" she pointed to her my little pony bed covers "I got a new bed!"
"I see..." I said staring at her room's decor.
"Do you like it?" She gave me the cutest face ever
"Meh it's not really in my liking of style but for your sake I love it" she started to jump up and down happily
"Girls! Dinner time!" Carla yelled from down stairs.
"Come sky, today we are having chicken wings"
"Oh that's sounds good!" I said with her dragging me back down stairs.
After dinner Carla handed me a towel and told me to shower in the quest bathroom while she washes my clothes.
The water felt great running down my back and through my hair.
I dried myself off with the towel that Carla gave me and just looked at myself in the mirror.
Something seems off.
Not something. Everything.
I looked myself in the eye and just noticed the little details on my face.
A knock on the door caught me out of my gaze.
"Sweetie I'm going to leave your clothes right here next to the door so you can change in there."
"Alright" I opened the door a little and sure enough my clothes were laying right in front of the door where I could grab them and change quickly.
I changed and left the bathroom drying my hair but as I was drying my hair my towel covered my face bringing me darkness.
I kicked the glass window trying to escape the burning car before it explodes and kills me along with the police officers if they aren't already dead already.
I threw the towel off my head onto the floor and just breathed heavily starting at the towel.
"What was... that?" I whispered to myself
"What was what?" A males voice said behind me.
I nearly jumped out my skin. Turning around I saw Jerrold standing there with an concerned look on his rough looking face.
"Uh nothing...Its nothing" I picked up the towel and faced him completely.
"Are you sure? That didn't really seem like nothing....what was it honestly" he said as he looked me straight into my eyes
"It was...just something that happened when I was in a coma...it's weird! I remember everything from when I was in a coma but every thing that has to deal with my name, my family, or myself I can't remember...." Its all true.
"Oh...well I hope you get your memory back soon" he turned around and for some reason his personality is triggering something , he seems familiar.
Really familiar.
I shook it off and proceeded downstairs to where the food is.
I quickly ate some wings and cleaned off my plate, noticing the gathering around the TV.
"uh what's-what is goin on?" I said focusing in the TV.
They didn't answer they just kept their wide eyes on the TV.
'Many murders have spread over the city like wild fire...many of them in West Creek but others further off map. Hide your kids hide you wife and hide your husband because there is a murder out there creeping into your windows slicin them people up. You don't have to confess we lookin for you we gonna we find you we gonna find you so you can can run and tell that run and tell that home boy home home home boy' wow that's one weird lady on the news....probably just some stupid TV show or something.
"Why are they being so sarcastic! There is a damn murder running loose around the streets and they think this is a joke! Carla lock the windows doors and barricade everything that leads to outside and I'll grab the weapons from the basement . Sky go watch Jordan while we do this" Jerrold spoke pointing to the stairs. I nodded my head quickly and ran up stairs.
I ran into Jordan's room, excepting to see her sound asleep in bed but what I saw I knew wasn't what any one would expect.