Someone new?

Gales pov

        I walk to Katniss's bed and say "Hey katnip" Hey she says. I am sorry for faking my death. When I wrote that note I had to come back because I can't live without you. "Gale, I am just glad your alive" I smile softly at her. I love you I say "I love you too: she replies back. "Where's Peeta she asks. He is in his hospital room. Is he okay? She asks. Yes he is. They had to sedate him. He is asleep. "Go back to sleep" I tell her. "Okay" I go by Peeta's room to check on him. I turn around and I see a bunch of men dressed in black armor with machine guns. I start to run but as I do they fire their weapons. I take cover behind a medal trash can. I run to my room and grab the gun I brought. It is an ak 47. I start firing it every which way. One of their bullets ricochets and hits my shoulder. Trying to ignore the pain I keep shooting. Katniss comes out and I yell "Get back in your room"!!! After all the men are down I go to her room. "Gale what the hell was that"? She starts breathing heavily. I hug her side and tell her "those men are after Peeta" They are the capitols army. There was about 5 of them. Katniss starts crying and I hold her tighter. "It will be ok I will keep him safe we will keep you safe" "Okay" she says relentlessly. I wait until she falls asleep.

2 hours later

        I wake up my shoulder still hurts there were no nurses in the hospital when the army came in. No one could bandage me but the wound wasn't bad it barely hit me. I get up to see Heavansbee and Haymitch sitting on a bench. They look like they are having a stressful conversation. I walk up to them and Haymitch says "oh, your up come on in we have something to tell you." I sit down at an empty seat and Heavansbee says "Katniss has to help us fight this battle, we thought the war was over but It is not". "Katniss is the mockingjay" Hearing those words made me tense up inside fearing something would happen to her. I reply with a simple "okay".