Save Me From Myself - Winn Schott

⚠️Warnings: Bullying, suicide attempt⚠️

You know she can't read straight right?

I hate when the teacher calls on her to read. She takes so long.

She shouldn't even be in school like everyone else.

She's not like everyone else, she's dumber.

What smart person can't read?

Dyslexic Dani.

Dyslexic Dani.

Dyslexic Dani.

Maybe she should just kill herself. 

Dani Schott sits on her bed as those phrases that she's seen both written and heard flood her mind over and over again on a horrendous loop. It's like the taunting doesn't stop no matter where she goes. She can't talk to anyone because no one understands. No one knows or cares about how she feels.

"Dani?" Her father says, breaking her out of her thoughts.

"Yeah dad?"

"The gang's going out to get some dinner. Wanna come?" She shakes her head. "Oh come on... we could go get ice cream after. It'll be fun." He smiles while raising his thumbs. She shakes her head.

"No dad it's alright."

"But you love hanging out with the gang."

"I know but I uh have a test to study for."

"Are you sure?" She nods. She looks at her father with pleading eyes, hoping that he would ask if she's really alright. All she wants is someone to care. "Okay sweetie. I'll bring you something back." He kisses his daughter's head and leaves.

Maybe she should just kill herself.

~

"Hey Winn." James stops at Winn's computer.

"James, what's up?"

"I wanted to take Dani to the arcade today but she shot me down." Winn looks at his friend in surprise.

"Really? She loves hanging out with you."

"What's wrong with Dani?" Alex asks as she and Kara join them.

"I don't know she's just been..." Winn sighs. "Distant."

"Have you tried talking to her?" Kara asks.

"She's a teenager. They don't want to talk to their parents about their feelings."

"Is she home right now?" Alex asks.

"She should be." Winn answers.

"Maybe she needs a woman to talk to. Kara and I can go see her." Winn shrugs.