014. IRRITATE STEVE 25/8 CULT

At the residence of Alexander Pierce, he goes into his kitchen and sees the Winter Soldier sat down at his table. A brief wave of surprise washes over his face before he regains his composure.

The soldier's gun was on the table and then his housekeeper calls out. "I'm going to go, Mr. Pierce. You need anything before I leave?" 

Pierce turned and looked at her. "No. Uh...it's fine, Renata, you can go home." Pierce gave her a half smile. "Okay. Night-night." Renata smiled. "Good night." Pierce said. Renata then leaves and Pierce turns to the Winter Soldier. 

"Want some milk?" He asks. The soldier doesn't reply. "The timetable has moved. Our window is limited. Four targets, Level Six. Well, three of them are... I don't know about the fourth one but she sure qualifies." Pierce shrugged. He pours himself a glass of milk and sits at the table with the soldier.

"They already cost me Zola. I want confirmed death in ten hours." Pierce stated. Just then, Renata enters the kitchen and interrupts their conversation. "Sorry, Mr. Pierce. I...I forgot my phone." Renata says looking at the sight in front of her and noticing the Winter Soldier sitting at the table.

"Oh, Renata. I wish you would have knocked." Pierce said before picking up his own gun and shooting her. 

~

After returning home from his morning run, Sam hears a knock on the door. He opens it and sees Natasha, Steve, Max, and El. 

"Hey, man." Sam says. "I'm sorry about this. We just need a place to lay low." Steve said pleadingly. 

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us." Natasha said. Sam pauses before speaking. "Not everyone." Sam says and allows the four of them in the house. 

Sam had 3 bedrooms. His own and 2 un used ones. Natasha and Steve took one and Max and El took the other one.

Steve had just finished showering and he notices Natasha looking almost sad and thoughtful while wringing her hair out with a towel. It was a brighter red now due to being cleans and Max's was too.

"You okay?" Steve asks. Natasha looks up, being snapped out of her thoughts, and responds with, "yeah." "What's going on?" Steve asks sitting in front of her. 

"When I first joined SHIELD, I thought I was going straight. But I guess I just traded in the KGB for HYDRA. I thought I knew whose lies I was telling, but...I guess I can't tell the difference anymore." Natasha explained. "Well there's a chance you're in the wrong business." Steve said.

Natasha smiled faintly. "I owe you." She said. "It's okay." Steve said. "If it was the other way around, and it was down to me to save your life, and you be honest with me, would you trust me to do it?" Natasha asked. 

There was a pause. "I would now." Steve said before leaning back in his chair. "And I'm always honest." He defended. Natasha chuckled softly. "Well, you seem pretty chipper for someone who just found out they died for nothing." Natasha said.