Part 7

Violet.

The name had been running around his mind the whole day. It was the first time they were separated for more than five minutes.
Rogues had come through the border and he was to decide what to do with them. Life or death. A hard decision to make.
Lucky for one of them, she had found her mate. He couldn't kill one of his own pack's soulmate. Especially since he knew what the connection felt like now.

Thinking about that once again made him think about his butterfly. Since two hours they had been separated already and his wolf started giving him a headache, on purpose may I add.

"Could you please just shut up for a moment?" The only answer Kyler got was a sad "woo".
Buddy I miss her too but we'll see her soon. "Violet."
It was senseless, talking to him would never be the same again.

Sighing he told the guards to photograph the rogues for recognition and let them run again. Today was not a good day for death. They were too young too.

As soon as he went back to the hospital, the doctor treating Violet came up to him. "Alpha I have good news for you." His ears perked up. "She is healed to an extent to go home with you. Still you have to be careful. Don't let her lift heavy things, she needs a lot of rest and three meals a day and lots of water." He sternly looked at him. Guiltily Kyler looked elsewhere. They always thought he had an unbelievable eating schedule. Eating only one big meal a day. He simply didn't have the time to eat.

Well, that would have to change now. He wanted nothing but the best for his mate. Nodding to the doctor and thanking him shortly he then went back to his mate's room. Oh how he had missed her scent.

She was up and reading a book. As soon as the door opened her once relaxed body stiffened and she looked up. It had been two days since she woke up and the strange man that simply stared at her hasn't left her side once.

She was relieved to wake up and not seeing him observing every step and move she did.
Of course he had to come back.

Violet had no idea what was going on, still she felt the strange sensation whenever he would randomly take her hand in his.

Guessing it was just because of how handsome he was she had shrugged it off, but the emotions grew stronger.

Also there was this weirs scar on her neck, that she had noticed only today. It looked like the sun melting together with the moon and a wolf howling at it. A girl stood next to it who looked oddly familiar.

Did they tattoo their captives before torturing?

Sighing she looked up at Kyler as he had introduced himself. During the time spent together she found out he didn't mind her looking into his eyes. He even seemed to search for eye contact.

Now the man was smiling at her. "You can go home. The doctor thinks you're healthy enough to go."

Violet didn't understand. Home? Her real home? Sje would be free to go? Tears build up in her eyes and a little smile made it's way to her face.

"I can really go?" she whispered.

Kyler noticed his mistake too late.

As soon as he realized they were talking about different homes he cursed silently. Great way to spark up her hopes.

Sighing he turned back to her. "I'm sorry, it was not what I meant. You are coming with me. To your new home Violet."

All the happiness drained from his mates face and he felt guilty. Should he find her family and bring them here? Would they be fine living somewhere in this pack? But what if they escaped with her. Growling he marched up and down the room.

Violet didn't understand anything going on anymore. She just wanted to sleep and wake up from the mess she got into somehow.