Part 10

Violet's POV

I was finally able to breathe out again.

Truth was, I always wanted to have a soulmate even after my teacher told me I never could but now that it was real I am scared.

And he is so scary too. What mate does these shitty things he did to me? Like I get it, he saved me and all but does he have any sense of sensitivity! I am freaking out, it is so scary. Just imagining him being like that all the time from now on makes me shake already.

I think I should set things straight between us. Even though I am scared mates don't hurt each other, right? I should be able to talk some sense into him, shouldn't I?

I lifted my shaking hands to wipe away the tears that still streamed down my face.

Yes, I will get through this and if he doesn't agree then he'll have to live with the consequences. He can't just control me, right?

Oh dear, why is this so hard?!

Ok Violet, everything is going to be fine. Just tell him how you are feeling and he will understand you. You two are mates, that should mean something to him.

With new found confidence I stood up and made my way downstairs.

From the sounds heard, I guessed where the kitchen is, he said he'd be there, didn't he?

As I turned around the corner my heart stopped.

There my mate stood cutting fruits.

Guilping I looked at the knife in the same moment he looked up. Turning his sight away from me and the to the knife he seemed to realize I was feeling a little uneasy with him holding it, so he layed it down and came around the kitchen counter towards me.

"Hey, what are you doing down here?" As he had ended his sentence he tried to smile, to make me feel more calm I guess but it caused the opposite. His teeth, they are enormous! At least 5 centimeter long!

Trying to calm down I started to babble.

"Uhm, well you know I was just...yeah and then I wanted to...but after that I was trying n-" he interrupted me.

"Calm down, I'm never going to hurt you, okay? Now take a deep breath and try again."

I nodded, gained all confidence left in me and started to speak.
"We need to talk, about this" pointing to him and me I continued, "I... I want some things to be set straight."