Confrontation

The Sinclair mansion or castle in media.

~

I woke feeling relaxed and at ease. My bruises didn't hurt as much anymore and they were a yellowish color now. They would be gone any day now. My eyes fluttered open to be met by a clothed chest. I gasped and shot out of the bed. My legs were tangled, so I ended up falling out of the bed. Nicklaus' head peaked over the corner as he looked at me with concern.

"What's wrong Millie?" he asked.

"We slept together," I breathed. Nicklaus chuckled and helped me back on to the bed.

"Just in the same bed Principessa. No need to freak out; I kept my hands to myself," he explained. I sighed and shook my head.

"Nicklaus, you have me breaking all the rules," I said. He only shrugged.

"You take life too seriously. Live a little," he said as he came closer. He laid me on my back and placed a gentle kiss on my neck. I gasped as I felt my eyes flutter. He trailed kisses up and down my throat and neck.

"Nicklaus," I tried to warn him. He stopped and pecked my lips before moving off of me.

"Go on a date with me tonight," he said. I was still a little disoriented from the kisses. I found myself nodding. He smiled and kissed me gently before he left. I sat there dazed and confused. What just happened? I sighed and shook my head before I moved to shower and dress. When I was dressed and brushing through my hair, there was a light knock on my door. I no longer feared that it was David. I opened the door to see Meredith. I let her in and went back to brushing my hair.

"Soo, has Nicklaus let you off of house arrest yet?" she asked. I could only laugh at her.

"It wasn't him, it was me. I needed to heal and moving was difficult," I said. She rolled her eyes and took the brush from my hand. She ran it through my hair and I found myself being lulled into a peace. I loved it when others brushed or played with my hair. Alexa would do it all the time back home.

"Are you okay?" Meredith asked me seriously. I shrugged.

"I'm worried about what the future holds and I miss my sorella," I answered.

"So-sorella?" Meredith tried it on for size. I smiled and chuckled.

"I am too used to Nicklaus knowing exactly what I'm saying. Sorella... It means sister," I explained. She nodded thoughtfully.

"I don't think you're dad will be angry for long that the engagement didn't work out; not if he hears what happened," she said. I sighed and turned to look at her.

"My papà loves two things: himself and his money. He will be very very angry. The only reason he keeps me and my sister, Alexa, around is for his own amusement. But I can't help but to love the man; no matter how mean he is to us sometimes. He is still my father," I tried to explain. She was quiet as she absorbed my words.

"Nicklaus asked me for a date tonight," I admitted hesitantly. She squealed and set the brush down as she looked to me excitedly.

"Do you know what you're going to wear?" she asked. I shook my head.

"I don't know where he's taking me," I answered.

"Don't worry. I'll find out and I'll help you dress properly for it. Aw, this is so cute. You two are meant for each other," she said giddily. I frowned.

"I don't know why I agreed to this when I'm only going to leave. It will hurt my heart even more to grow closer."

"You don't need to worry. Nick is not going to let you go back. He's going to fight tooth and nail for you and so will I," she said, trying to comfort me. I had to admit that it helped a lot. I loved Nicklaus and Meredith. They were my friends and they were becoming my family.

"Thank you Meredith," I said sincerely. She only waved me off before she left to find Nicklaus. I sighed and moved around the room restlessly as I waited for her to return.

"Amelia," David's voice brought me out of my thoughts. My eyes widened as I took a step back. I thought he'd left already.

"Please don't hurt me," I begged. He held up his hands in surrender and stepped away from me.

"That is not my intention princess. I came to apologize and ask you to wait for me," he said. I could only look at him confused. Wait for him?

"David, I don't understand," I said honestly, lowering my guard a bit.

"I know what I do is wrong, and I'm trying to fix it. I'm going to my grandmother's house and she's going to help me, or try. I'm a proud man, so it is hard for me to admit that I need you, but I do. I know I haven't been kind, but I ask that you wait for me to become a better man. I think our arrangement should stand," he asked. I tripped over my words as I tried to figure out what to say. Of course, my luck, Nicklaus walks in at that moment.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Nicklaus glared at David. I moved between the two of them and placed my hands on Nick's chest.

"Nicklaus, stop, he hasn't hurt me," I tried to reason with him.

"Like hell," he snapped as he continued glaring at David.

"He really hasn't touched me. Look at me," I said quickly. He did before he took a breath. He calmed down a hair and moved to stand in between David and I.

"I'm sorry for everything, Nicklaus. I truly mean it," Daivd said. "I know you don't believe me now, but I'm hoping you will in time," he finished before he left. I was left standing there gapign like a fish out of water. Nicklaus took my hand in his and cupped my cheek with his other hand as he tried to examine me.

"Are you sure that you're okay?" he asked me. I nodded.

"I'm unharmed," I assured him. He smiled lightly and kissed my head as Meredith walked in.

"Nicklaus, out, I need to get Amelia ready for her date," Meredith said with a slight smirk. Nicklaus was pushed out of the room before I was dragged to the vanity again. Meredith plopped me down on the chair and got to work on my makeover.