Child Wei Wuxian Part 1

First of all, Child Wei Wuxian is so CUTE! I can't get enough of him. So there's going to be two parts hehe.

Warning: There may be slight angst in this chapter. That aside enjoy child Wei Wuxian.

________________________________

It was normal for Wei Wuxian to go on night hunts with the juniors. That was as long as Lan Wangji was there too.

What wasn't normal however, was that Wei Wuxian had used his spiritual energy excessively causing it to backfire and in doing so he had reverted back to a child. He appeared to be around the age of three at most. Luckily there was no wounds or physical damage.

Lan Wangji had concluded that the reason this happened is that his body used up so much spiritual energy that in order to cope with it. His body went back in time to when he didn't cultivate his golden core yet. All the junior disciples came back to their senses and looked at Senior Wei who was now no taller than their waists. Lan Sizhui looked at Lan Wangji with the expression, "What shall we do now?" Lan wangji understanding Sizhui turned to rest of the disciples to address them. "It is late, Let us find an inn to rest." Lan Wangji knew it wasn't safe to have a child accompany them during a night hunt and since they weren't near the cloud recesses, he would have to find a place to rest until sunrise. The disciples nodding their heads shuffled around.

Jingyi looked back at the child in the middle. As he went to pick the small child up, Several arms blocked him. "I want to carry him" looking up all the junior disciples gathered around to carry the child that was senior Wei. "We can't trust Jingyi to carry him, what if he drops senior Wei." This earned a scowl from Jingyi. "Huh?! Who said I would drop him, In fact who is to say that you guys won't drop him. Sizhui sweat dropped, his friend was getting upset over a small issue again. "Why don't we ask senior Wei, which of us he wants to carry him", Sizhui Suggested. Turning to the child Sizhui knelt down and asked the small child.

Wei Wuxian stood and thought for a bit before turning around and pointing at the tall man at the back of the group, who had been silent the whole time. All the junior disciples sighed. "What child wouldn't want to be carried by Han Guang Jun, especially with that height they could see over everything".

Wei Wuxian voicing his answer began making his way to the tall male. Before he could reach the said male however, he tripped over a tree root. Landing on the ground harshly, Wei Wuxian laid on the ground still. Everyone there stood silently panicking. Sizhui rushed over to the child to check if he was injured. The child slowly got up and looked up with a blinding smile confusing everyone.

A giggle came out of his mouth. "Ahaha, Wei Ying is very clumsy". The Junior disciples cooed at his way of speech. "Senior Wei is too cute as a child, He even referred to himself in third person, I might die of cuteness overload". Lan Wangji promptly walked over and scooped the child into his arms. Dusting leaves and dirt off the child's cheeks and clothes. He began to walk in the direction of the nearby village. The junior disciples following after him.

By the time they had gotten to the inn, It was time for dinner. All the juniors clambered into a seat clearly tired from the night hunt. Food was promptly served. Over on a seperate table Lan Wangji was tending to Wei Wuxian. Although he was capable of eating by himself, Wei Wuxian was a somewhat messy eater. He would speak and eat causing the food to spill out of his mouth. Lan Wangji seeing this had wiped his mouth a couple of times.
The child had let food spill out of his mouth for the tenth time already. Lan Wangji cringed at the sight. He decided it would be better to feed Wei Wuxian rather than having to wipe his mouth so often. So Lan Wangji gently grabbed under the child's arms and sat him on his lap. Wei Wuxian looked up and tilted his head in confusion. Lan Wangji picked up the spoon without speaking. "Is Gege going to feed Wei Ying?" Lan Wangji nodded at the small infant and scooped some soup bringing it to Wei Wuxian's mouth. Wei Wuxian accepted the spoonful almost immediately. This caused the older male to look down in amusement. "Does Wei Ying like the food?" he asked. Wei Ying smiled and without hesitation said "It's better than the rotten food I get on the street and I haven't had to fight any dogs for it". The room had fallen silent, Even Lan Wangji looked a bit shocked. For a child to be saying such things with so much glee was astounding. Lan Wangji knew that Wei Wuxian had a troubled past, but Wei Wuxian seemed to brush it off most of the time. This made Lan Wangji think it was not as harsh as he first thought. He himself had never asked about it scared he might bring up bad memories for Wei Wuxian. He had also found out why Wei Wuxian was so scared of dogs. The juniors peered over at the young child sitting across the room from them. They all wanted to jump up and run over to hug the poor child but they weren't allowed to make a big scene in a such a public space so they settled for Screaming silently in their heads for the young child.

The meal was slowly being finished. Lan Wangji was almost finished feeding Wei Wuxian when he felt a little thump against his chest. Looking down he noticed that the child on his lap was leaning against him. Peering down at his face, Lan Wangji realised Wei Wuxian had fallen asleep. He concluded that it was because Wei Wuxian was full. So he spun Wei Wuxian around so that his face was up against his chest. This way the light wouldn't bother him while he slept.

Once the meal was finished, everyone was getting ready to head up to rest. That was until they heard some familiar voices coming into the inn. The two voices were bickering like usual. The all too familiar threat of breaking someone's legs was spoken. The juniors quick to realise who it was greeted the sect leader and soon to be sect leader with courtesy. Lan Wangji had also gotten up and walked over to greet Jiang Cheng. Jiang Cheng greeted back but stopped short when he saw the child wrapped around Lan Wangji's neck. Jin Ling noticing his uncles stare looked at the child as well. "Where's Wei Wuxian, Who is this child? Did you two have a baby?" Jiang Cheng questioned. Jin Ling gasped, Was it possible for two males to have children? However all the loud noise caused the child to get restless in his sleep. Lan Wangji was getting a bit agitated that the two almost woke the child up. Glaring at the two he answered "You are looking at Wei Ying" Jiang Cheng stares at Lan Wangji for a long while. "This Thing is Wei Wuxian?" At this point Lan Wangji was going to blow a fuse soon but he took a deep breathe and steadied his poker face. "Wei Ying is not a thing". Jiang Cheng was still sceptical so Lan Wangji had put the child into his arms. Jiang Cheng inspected the child's face and sure enough it was Wei Wuxian. "What happened, why is he like this?"

Lan Wangji looked around at the growing crowd. Not only were the junior disciples huddled around but the other patrons were listening in as well.

"Let's talk privately", he whispered. Turning to Sizhui. "Look after Wei Ying" and with that Jiang Cheng handed Wei Wuxian over and headed upstairs to talk with Lan Wangji.

________________________________
I'm going to end Part 1 here hope you enjoyed it! How was child Wei Ying?