••¤('× 🎀 𝐵❤𝓃𝓊𝓈 🎀 ×'(¤••

Unknown's POV

"Be careful, he's quite shy and....."

I heard voices from the other room.

Miss. Midnight was speaking to these strangers, and earlier she told me to be kind to them. I was confused. Out of everybody here, I was the weird one. 

Unlike the other kids, who were watching a movie. I was here. Miss. Midnight said for two reasons. 

1: I couldn't watch the movie

2: For a special, happy surprise.

"Sign here, and here...."

I was nervous. Was Miss. Midnight gonna throw me out? Did I do something wrong?

....

I would try to see what they're doing, by looking through the glass door, but it's impossible for me. 

I was born blind.

I held onto the wall and felt around for a chair because I was getting tired. I felt a stool and sat down. 

"Thanks for your co-operation. Tomorrow please pick him up by 12 PM."

Then I heard the door open, then shut again. I think someone left the orphanage. 

"Miss. Midnight... what was that? What's happening?"

"Oh SV!... you're getting adopted!" She had replied in her usual sweet tone.

I was surprised. Out of all the kids they chose the blind one with abnormal ears?

"Will they take me before 12 tomorrow?"

Miss. Midnight giggled, yet it sounded as if she was sad to let me go. "Yes, and we will miss you very much SV." She pat my head. 

"What about my ears! They're weird..." I felt my ears, knowing that they were flat against my head.

"SV... they said these exact words; 'He's adorable, I hope he likes us'."

I smiled. I just hope they liked me.

Miss. Midnight held my hand and led me to what I think is my room. I heard her open my closet and take off the hooks with clothes. I think she was packing my stuff up.

"You can sit on your bed." She told me. 

I felt around the room then when I felt my soft, fluffy blanket, I sat down on my bed. I was never made fun of, it's just the other kids were kind of scared of me thanks to my strange face. I wish I could find out how normal people looked, so maybe I could fix myself but I knew it was impossible, no matter how hard I tried.

I had one really nice friend, Arrow Pull-Ons. She always helped me around and even read me books while the other kids were watching movies. 

I had her as my friend. Until she was adopted by a loud inkling and an inkling that kept telling the loud one to quiet down. I was nervous to meet my new parents, but what if they don't like me?

"Yawn"

Before I knew it I was asleep.

The next morning I wake up.

"SV! Let me help you get ready, your new dads are waiting!" Miss. Midnight had hurriedly said as she helped me wear my sweater and put on my shoes. She held my hand and slowly led me to the exit of the orphanage.

I hear two voices, a more care-free sounding one say 'hello~' and the other say 'I'm so happy to meet you'. They sounded nice. I heard one approach me and they kneeled down. 

"My name is Army, the other guy over there is Aloha, my husband, but you can call us whatever you want."

"C-can I call you p-papa and dad?" 

The man pat my head. 

"Of course."

I heard the other person approach me I'm assuming Mr. Aloha.

"Aww, aren't you sweet~ You're SV, right?" 

His voice was calm, but somewhat outgoing.

"Y-yes."

There was a pause, Mr. Aloha and Mr. Army were talking for a while.

"Excuse me papa, dad... can.. can I feel your faces?"

"Of course, SV" Mr. Army came close to me, grabbed my wrists, and put my hands on his face. I felt around. He had soft, smooth skin, and a chin with a bit of a point. His ears were long and he wore some type of hat.

Then Mr. Aloha gently took my hands and put it on his face. His features felt more defined and he wore a baseball hat or visor of some sort.

Mr. Army spoke. "Shall we take you to your new home?"

I nodded. They held my hands and we exited the orphanage.

I felt a warm flurry of emotions rush through me, I was happy.

Happy I have a home.

fin.

Author-San here! Finally done this book~ I'm so tired! Thank you for all the support. Here's some info on the characters

Miss. Midnight - The lady who runs the orphanage

SV- 9 year old boy who was born blind and with odd ears.

Aloha and Army - Now both 24

I mainly joined Wattpad to read, but I guess I like to write as well haha. Anyways I think I really improved and I'll be making more books in the future so see you next time!