🇺🇸Our Skies🇩🇪

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Information about the short story. A little au from me where country human hybrids are. Germany is a rabbit hybrid and America is an eagle hybrid.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
《《Fluff/Au/Hybrid》》
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Germany was almost weary of America.

He wasn't scared, not by any means. How could he ever be scared of America? The very thought sounded so wrong. He was bright and big and warm and just….America. He felt safe in his presence, warm...dare he say….happy?

No he wasn't scared of America. He was just nervous, he supposed. Why?

America says he loves him.

America said he loved him. Three days ago, he announced to Germany that the rabbit's feelings weren't unrequited. The bright and happy eagle….loved him. He had held him lovingly in his arms, and told him that he was cherished. All this time Germany had thought America never even wanted to look his way like that. He couldn't be more than a friend at best, just a nice little friend to talk to, and that's all.

But America loved him. Loved Germany. Loved him.

He didn't understand.

Why him?

He didn't feel America wasn't serious. He was no idiot. He may have been some little rabbit, but he was far from dumb. He saw the look in America's eyes and knew it was true. America was easy to read, him and his big smiles and bright, blue eyes. He knew the raptor was telling the truth, meaning every word of love and admiration he spoke. It was no lie. No false leading.

That wasn't the problem. He just….why him?

He stared at America, who sat on a cushioned chair, looking around idly as Germany stood in the tiny kitchen that shared the same room as his living area. It was a very small cottage, cosy and tucked away under the wood of the trees. Germany had built it himself. It was only two rooms, barely even so, for his bed simply sat up on a large wooden platform accessible by the ladder in the room he was in.

He never expected to see America inside his house. He had seen him about, seen him in wide open spaces, but never this far in the forest. It was an enclosed space, and Germany knew how those kinds of spaces weren't America's ideal area. He never expected America to ever step anywhere near where he lived, and here he was. Here he was.

And even more strange, he was making the bird tea. How weird. He wanted tea. He didn't seem like the tea type at all, and yet he accepted. He didn't understand. Why was he here? Why did he care? Why did he say those words three days ago? It was all just so confusing.

Germany tried his best not to let his hands shake as he walked over with an old teapot and two equally old cups laid on a tray. His heart sped up as he saw America look in his direction and smile. It made Germany nervous, excited, confused, and happy, all at once.

He kept his head down and eyes out of the eagle's gaze as he laid the tray on the small, rickety old table. America sat up, scooting to the edge of the seat, a feather or two bouncing off his wings as he did. Germany watched them, swearing to pick them up later. He used to never get to see America's feathers, only finding one after the raptor had left one day. It was a new found joy that he now could have as many as he reasonably liked.

"Here. It's hot." The rabbit said, handing a little steaming cup to the other. America gently took it, smiling warmly at Germany. It scared him. It enlightened him. It was everything.

"Thanks, Ger." America said, voice warm and cheerful. Just like him. Germany only nodded, limbs close together against his body as he took his own cup of tea. He didn't sip immediately, eyes latching on America as he lifted the cups to his lips