Chapter One-You Promise./District 2 Reapings.

Izzy Carr's P.O.V
I ran across district 2 to my best friend Adara's house. I had came up with a plan that if one of us was reaped, the other one could not volunteer. I could not see Adara surviving the games though. I was running though the cold wet snow when I finally reached her huge white old home. I walked though the big French doors and into her modern kitchen. Her mother greeted me with a big smile and says "Adara is upstairs Izzy!" I nodded and dashed up the spiral steps. When I barged into her room she was sobbing. She looked over at me and started laughing. At first I did not know why. Then it hit me. Adara hates me to see her cry. I gave her a hug and told her the plan. She nodded in agreement. I started crying with her. We sat their for a good 15 minutes hugging and crying and then her mom called us downstairs because it was time for the reapings. I gave Adara a bear hug and we wished each other luck. This year 4 tributes would be reaped 2 girls and 2 boys. It was also an ultimate games, so districts 1-6 will fight each other and once there is 12 tributes left districts 7-12 will basically do the same thing and the remaining 24 tributes will fight to the death and only ONE will come out.I was so nervous, I looked over at Adara and she looked at me. She looked just as scared as me. I wished her luck and we headed to the thirteen year old section.

Adara Merriman's P.O.V

I stood in the thirteen year old section clutching Izzy's hand. I could not die when I had so much in my life. I looked over at Izzy. She looked like she was praying or maybe trying forget about possibly getting killed. But what she did not know was that I was great at war and using a bow and arrows. But still I know if I get reaped, I will die in the games in like the first five minutes or so. In fact maybe I could survive- if it's against a bunch of like 12 year olds. My thoughts got interrupted by district 2's escort Felicity Bellman. "Welcome Welcome to the twenty second annual Hunger Games!, as you all know this year will be an ultimate games, so good luck tributes! Tears start to stream down my face. Last year, I was reaped but Izzy's sister Bailey volunteered. She died in the bloodbath and Izzy refuses to speak a word about her. Felicity started the reapings with "As always, ladies first!" She reached her hand into the big circular glass bowl full of white slips of papers full of names. She opened the first slip and smiled to the crowd. "Izzy Carr!" She called. Izzy walked down the dirt isle towards the stage. My heart started pounding. Fighting back the tears I screamed "NO WAIT IZZY, STOP!" Two peacekeepers grabbed on to my arms. "LET GO OF ME!!!" I screamed. I could not do this to my best friend. "I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!" I screamed. Izzy started to cry and Felicity said "Oh I am so sorry district two, I forgot to say this year, you cannot volunteer, BUT since you volunteered BEFORE I stated this rule you BOTH must enter the games" Sweat rolled down my face, boy I never knew how strong those peacekeepers were! Izzy and I sat next to each other facing the audience." I am so so so so sorry Izzy I just-" I started before Izzy cut me off. "No Adara it's okay, as long as we're together." Izzy said. I nodded and fought back the tears. Izzy reached for my hand and squeezed it tightly as Felicity ruffled her fingers through the boys bowl of names.

Izzy Carr's P.O.V

Perfect, just perfect I thought sarcastically. Now me and my best friend are going to the hunger games. Just perfect. After a long while of shuffling through the boys names Felicity finally stopped and pulled out a name. "Blake Shelldon!" She cried as a boy from the fourteen year old section walks onto the stage. "Your age?" Felicity asks. "ISNT IT OBIOUS YOU DUMBO!" Felicity glared at the boy and asked again. "Your age?" This time she said it louder. The boy groans and says "I'm fourteen, if it really matters." He says. "We'll somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed!" Felicity says trying to get the mood up. Blake sits down across from me and rolls his eyes. I glance at Adara and she shrugs her shoulders. I grin at her and we then turn back to the rest of the district 2. Felicity pulled out another slip from the male bowl. "Callan Miller!" She yelled excitedly. A small boy came from the eighteen year old section. "I am eighteen and even though I am small for my age, I am still going to win" the boy said loudly and clearly. "And that concludes are district 2 reapings!" Felicity said excitedly. "Give it up for Izzy Carr (13), Adara Merriman (13), Blake Shelldon (14), and Callan Miller (18)!" In the audience I saw many relived faces and excited parents. My mother was talking to Adara's mother and they were both crying. I felt sorry for them. I knew Adara and I could not keep our selfs safe so when Felicity escorted us of stage I went straight to where Adara was. "Hey Adara we should start an alliance with those two girls from 6 and that one boy with the brown hair from 4!" "Sounds like a plan to me! Let's ask them on the train!" Adara said in agreement.