Thirteen

Alison

"Holy shit!" This time it's Darcy, and I'm suddenly terrified Ryan managed to complete his plan of sending Calum out to drag me inside.

Before I can fully turn around I feel two paws bounce off my back an excited bark sounding in my ear. Moose shoving her way under my arm and around into my lap.

"Oh I see." I chuckle, scratching behind her jaw as I catch her face in my hands, "They sent the best part of the crew to find me." I hum, kissing her head. I turn around after giving her attention for a minute, seeing South sitting at Crystal's feel a good twenty yards off, Sierra beside her.

"I'm guessing that isn't who Ryan said he was sending, but it might have been who they could send." Syd laughs, reaching over to scratch Moose's back.

"They sent the one they knew I love most." I coo at Moose, getting her excited again. I can feel the whole line staring at me as I keep playing with her.

"You can't keep her you know." Crystal's laugh reaches me from a lot closer than I'd seen her a few moments ago.

"I'm gonna kidnap her." I lean back against Crystal's legs, smiling up at her as gasps are heard around us.

"You've tried that one before. And I'll repeat my answer. Good luck." She laughs, reaching a hand down to me.

"You're time as a basic fan is over it looks like." Gabby laughs, "We'll see you in Miami."

"I cannot believe you've been on your ass out here instead of hanging out with us." Sierra shakes her head, taking Moose's leash so Crystal can help me up.

"Hey, these are my friends too." I shrug, "Plus, I needed a break from tour life."

"Well we aren't cool with that. So let's go." Crys laughs, wrapping an arm over my shoulders.

"Bye guys, see you at the game in a couple days." I yell over my shoulder to my friends, letting Crystal stear me towards the doors.

"I cannot believe you were actually sitting in line for the show." Sierra laughs as we get further away from all the girls I know are still watching our backs.

"I was catching up with my roommates. Plus, I really liked not having to consciously think about avoiding you know who."

"You have got to just admit you like him. Honestly, you are perfect for him, and he would treat you like the fucking queen you are." Crystal laughs.

"Exept for that part where he didn't. For three years. When he constantly compared me to some nasty creature from a fantasy story." I try.

"Why are you so hung up on that? It was a long time ago, and we know you know that isn't who he is anymore." Sierra frowns.

"Because I have to be. It's important to me." I shrug, not sure why I can't just tell them why I feel so obligated to push Calum away.

"Well, personally. I think you're in the wrong." Crystal smiles sadly, handing me my usual access pass so I can pass the security guards back into tour life.

Calum

"Did you not find her?" I frown as I walk back into the room after soundcheck.

"Oh Moose found her alright. Marty also found her in the hall, and stole her." Crystal smiles softly from the couch.

"Was she coming back here after she talked to him?"

"I have no idea. We got her back here. Now it's up to you." Sierra shrugs.

"I'll be back." I nod, turning to grab the door just before it closes, "And, um, thanks." I add before slipping out the door and decided where to check for Ali.