Chapter Three

******

Hey, thanks for reading!

This chapter is dedicated to Stylishful - for being an awesome fan. Her comment literally made me walk around all day with a smile on my face. Thank you! :)

Vote. Comment. Fan.

Any idea's? Please comment! Thanks! <3

>> Picture of Julie on the side. It's not at all how I imagined her, but it was the closest I could find. -.- I'm not very good at finding these things, as you can probably tell.

******

Chapter Three

"Wow!" I breathe. "This is... this is amazing!"

"I know. That's what Kyle said when I showed him." She agrees. Her hand leaves mine, and I turn translucent again. Whining in protest, Julie turns back translucent too.

"You're so lucky." I say, grinning. Being invisible was so cool. It was almost like I had my own gift already. It made me even more anxious for my birthday.

"I guess so," she murmurs. "Sometimes I wish I could try out another gift though. There isn't much you can do when you're invisible."

My jaw drops in astonishment. "Not much?" I ask, incredulously. I would kill for a gift like Julie's! It looked like so much fun!

"Yeah." She mutters. "I think it would be neat to try something new."

I ponder this for a moment. "But Julie," I begin. "Haven't you ever wanted to get back at someone? You could totally spy on them and they wouldn't even know!"

Julie opens her mouth to say something, but I silence it with a finger.

"Have you ever pretended to be a ghost and scare someone? That would be so funny! Promise me you'll try that!" I say enthusiastically. I wonder why Julie had never thought of this before.

"Yes, but, Kendra -" Julie starts.

"I don't get it. Why don't you want to see what your gift can do?"

"Because I don't want to invade my family's personal space!" she blurts. "You don't understand, Kendra. I know this will sound cruel, but you don't have a gift. I don't mean it in a rude way, but you don't understand. You've got to blend in. You can't just go around pretending to be a ghost and snooping into other people's lives. You are supposed to respect them by keeping your distance."

I grimace. That came out a little harsh, but I know she didn't mean it that way.

"Okay. I understand. I'm sorry." I whisper. I honestly didn't mean to make her feel uncomfortable. I must have sounded like such a creeper when I suggested stalking people. But hey, most people would think of that, wouldn't they?

"Don't sweat it," Julie praises, waving her hand as if to wave away my worries. "I'm good."

"Okay." I smile. "So what do you want to do now?"

"That's it!" she bursts, exploding off the bed, her face in shock.

"What? What is it, Julie?" I ask, worried.

"Your party!"

"Wait... my birthday party? My birthday isn't until next week." I say.

Julie shakes her head. "That's not what I meant. The family is coming over for your party, remember?"

"No... wait - that's today?" I gape.

"Yes! I forgot. The family always comes over a week before, just to celebrate."

"Okay, so what? I'm as ready as I'll ever be." I say suspiciously.

"What are you going to wear?" she asks, grinning because I've clearly been defeated. I frown again. She's right. I have nothing to wear, and I doubt my mom will let me wear jeans to a party. She's not too tight on that kind of stuff.

"But you know I hate shopping." I tell her, fiddling with my hands.

She giggles. "I know. You can borrow some of my clothes. I've got a pretty blue dress that would match perfect with your eyes."

"Wow. Thanks, Julie, you're a lifesaver!"

"I know." She grins, twirling her curly brown hair between her fingers. "So would you like to go try it on?" she asks.

"You have it here?" I ask, narrowing my eyes to slits. Does she always have to come prepared? It makes me look un-organised.

"Yes, and I have mine too. If you go get in on now, I'll even do your hair and make-up." Julie says, smiling slyly.

"Wow, ok." I agree. I lazily pull myself off the bed, my purple ballet flats clicking against the wooden tiled floor. Julie grabs my hand, pulling me outside my bedroom and downstairs where the dress is waiting on the granite counter.

At the sight of the dress, I almost have a heart attack. My mouth opens slightly, but no words come out.

"You like it?" Julie wonders aloud.

I nod, my mouth still hanging open like a moron. It's beautiful!

"And you want to go try it on?" she asks, practically reading my mind. I nod again, my eyes probably popping out of my head.

"Well?" Julie says, annoyed when I don't move. "Aren't you going to go get dressed? We don't have all day, here, Kendra."

I just stand still, grinning, when I nod again.

Julie smiled, taking the dress off the counter and waving it in my face.

Sweet!