Chapter 1: First attempt

(Winry) " Make sure to oil it every day."

(Ed) "Right."

(Winry) "And please keep the screws tightend."

(Ed) "Yeah."

(Winry) "Dry it off immediately when you get out of the tub."

(Ed) "Fine."

(Winry) "Are you even listening?"

(Ed) "Yeah."

(Winry) "Ugh. (Train blows) "Yup, there's your train."

(Ed) "Mph-m-m-mph."(scared tone)

(Winry) "Knowing you you're probably going to break it in a month and have to come home for maintenance."

(Ed) "Yeah, yeah, you're probably right."

(Winry) "Well whenever that does happen, just call me and make an appointment."

(Ed) "Sure.........an appointment."he turns around and looks at her.

(Winry) "What's wrong?"

(Ed) "Listen Winry."

(Winry) "Well what, just come out and say it."

(Ed) "*Gulp*(Edwards cheeks turn bright red) "EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE!"

(Winry) "Huh?" she says startled at Edwards yelling.

(Ed) "I'LL GIVE HALF OF MY LIFE TO YOU, IF YOU GIVE HALF OF YOURS TO ME!" he yells, still blushing a bright red while pointing at Winry.

Winry takes a deep breath in. "Ugh, c'mon do you always have to treat everything like alchemy? I mean the whole 'equivalent exchange thing' is just non-sence!"

(Ed) "WHAT'D YOU SAY!?!?!"Still yelling

(Winry) "Ugh, it's non-sence, why don't I just give you my whole life!"Edward looking shocked at what she said.She then realizes what she said to him.Her cheeks turn bright red.

(Winry) "U - u - um, maybe not all of it!"she says VERY embarrassed." 90 ,maybe 8 percent, no that's enough, about 85, yeah 85's a good number!" Edward begins laughing hysterically."HEY, WHAT!"she yells angrily.Edward continues laughing."SHUT UP!" she yells clearly still angry.

(Ed) "I'm sorry really!" He says while laughing.

(Winry) "Edward!" she says, clearly pissed off.

(Ed) "You are so incredible! Haha,you knocked equivalent exchange flat on its butt in just a few words!"

(Winry) "What's that mean, are you making fun of me?"

(Ed) "Not at all." He hugs her tightly then says "Thanks Winry, thanks for cheering me up.I'll miss you, goodbye for now."She hugs him back and says "Come home soon."(Train whistles).The train leaves as Winry watches it slip out sight.

Edwards POV

When I got on the train there were a couple other people on it, so I took the first booth seat I saw, thinking about the very awkward conversation I had with Winry just a few minutes ago.Watching the hills fly by a thought came into my head.Did Winry not understand that the whole "equivalent exchange thing" was me proposing to her! That must be why she reacted the way she did, other than the fact that I haven't even asked her out on a date yet. I should probably start there. But still, she had NO IDEA what I meant to say. Wow, I guess I need to work on that one a bit and get the message threw next time.If I ever muster up the courage to ask her again without making her confused.She looks so cute when she's mad,I always thought she was cute anyways, but it was always the funniest when she was mad.It's been like that ever sense we were kids. Now that I think of it, one time Al and I got into a fight over who and marry Winry, it was a tie. But these days, I think Al has his eyes on May Chang.Al is about to turn 16 and May will be 15 in 7 months. They obviously like each other, maybe they have a shot. Other than the fact that she lives in Xing and Al lives here in Amestris.That's the only problem I see.