Prologue

Malcolm's POV

I remember Shakespeare's Macbeth that describes; life as a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It goes further by stating it as a; tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury. Signifying nothing.

Does it actually sound absurd that I relate to this poem and it's owner to the point that I don't know where I stand any longer. Ever since I lost her, my life became a living hell.
To be frank, I had been declared mad. Very soon you'll know why.

For instance, name three things one would wish for a perfect day. That'll mean my wife, my career and my sweet morning coffee. Unfortunately, that was the opposite for me. I lost everything I had all in one day. I mean how's that even possible?

11th Sept. 04

"Hey Sweetheart!"

Hearing that voice alone was mind calming. I turned upward from my work area to watch her methodology me. Caroline was the demise of me. If by some stroke of good luck I realized it'd be the inverse. My better half, my daylight, my life. She was the most gorgeous lady I had at any point looked at. It's everything I'd say to her each day, however as expected I'd continuously get an eye roll accordingly.
She had coppery hair and her eyes were mint brown. 'Sugar eyes' as I'd call it. I wasn't anticipating her that morning, so she really overwhelmed me.

"What a pleasant treat Mrs Knowles!"

"That is not a legitimate method for hello your significant other who you've scarcely seen for a considerable length of time Mal."

"Please accept my apologies dear, you didn't let me know you were coming over, not without Emilia as well."

"Right." she moaned. I got to the facility very early today when I met Steve with some board individuals at the gathering. He informed me that we won't work today."

Steve was Caroline's uncle. After our marriage, she had chosen to help in their privately-owned company. I could see the work she makes in carrying the center to its entire shape once more. I didn't stop her. That is one thing I was unable to do. Steve was likewise a generally excellent companion of mine separated from him being connected with my significant other. He had a generally excellent funny bone, something even my five year old young lady considered.

"Why's that?"

"Indeed, you see those individuals are really from the World wellbeing association and they came to look at the spot - you know the standard thing"

"I see"

I carried her down to my lap and embraced her like it was the final time I'd at any point inhale her in.
"I know I've not been a decent spouse and a decent dad recently yet - "

"Not at the present time Mal. I didn't come here for you to put this entire issue on yourself. Regardless, you ought to be content that we're together now following two months of being separated"

Ridiculous damnation. Was it really two months as of now?

"Malcolm darling? Is it true or not that you are alright? What's happening?"

I withdraw my contemplations and spotlight on earthy colored eyes before me.
"I suppose I'm a piece tired with work. Haven't rested soundly since the beyond couple of days"
That got her eyes wide and mouth opening midway.

"B-yet for what reason didn't you- - "

"It's generally expected alright to "Sweetheart. You know how this has been going for some time now. Accept me I'm attempting to settle things here at the emergency clinic so I can carve out as much opportunity to visit you and Emilia frequently. There are such countless patients to go to as well. Every day I get to deal with another patient with a serious case. I'm troubled about this it is possible that I mean being far away from you all. Yet, what else is there to do. I'm attempting alright?"
I bring her face towards mine and wrap up a strand of her coppery hair behind.
"I love you Caroline Knowles. You realize I do." I murmured against her lips.