22

Jingxing's POV

  After the celebration, we were all tired out. I took a long steamy shower and headed to bed. The next day was Saturday and we were allowed to rest before continuing on Sunday. I decided to use the day effectively and started by doing some workouts in the gym. I was one of the few people there as it was only 7.30 am in the morning. Halfway through the workout, Xukun entered the gym. The walked to me and sat beside me. "Hey, good job yesterday," he said with a smile. "Thanks, you did great too!" I replied and walked to my water bottle. "You know, I've been meaning to ask," he started. "Are you and Chengcheng dating?" I choked on my water upon hearing that and started to cough. "I- uh no, we aren't" I immediately denied. "Hmm, that's great," he said and smiled into the distance. The gym was almost empty now and we were the only two people here. He stood up swiftly and walked towards me. I looked at him fearfully as I was forced to the wall. Xukun placed his hand beside my head and leaned towards my face. "Xu Jingxing, I like you," he said loudly. My eyes widened at the sentence. "W-What?" I was taken aback at the statement. "I said, I like you," he repeated himself, his eyes staring hard into mine. "But I-" I started. "No buts, would you be my girlfriend?" he cut me off and leaned closer. "Xukun, I-" I couldn't reveal my relationship with Chengcheng but I couldn't reject him either. "Xukun, I need some time to think about it," I ended up saying. He looked at the ground, "I knew it, you like-" Before he could finish the sentence, he was pushed to the ground. I gasped and looked for my savior. It was Chengcheng. He looked angrily at Xukun. "What do you think you are doing to her?!" he shouted. Xukun stood up and shouted, "What's your problem?!" They were starring daggers at each other. "Don't you dare touch her," Chengcheng whispered furiously. "She's not yours to control," Xukun retorted. Before they could start a fight, I stepped between them. "Guys, stop, what are you doing?!" I shouted at them both. They both looked at me and said, "Stay out of this." Annoyed at them, I picked up my water bottle and left the gym. They both went after me but I closed the door on their face.

  "What a great start to my morning," I sighed in annoyance back at the dorm. I was drying my hair after a shower. After doing my facial routine, I video called my friends back at home. I missed them so much! As I turned off the call, I fished out my textbooks and started working on my studies. I had promised my parents that I wouldn't let my grades drop in the survival show. Zhengting and Justin had just woken up and were on their phones. Chengcheng was nowhere to be seen. "I hope he isn't fighting with Xukun," I muttered. Not trusting Chengcheng, I decided to head back to the gym.

________________________________________________________________________________

N O T E S

heyyy, oops i haven't updated in so long. how's everyone doing? stay safe and remember to wash your hands frequently! the situation isn't getting any better and my country is finally letting us have online learning, but only a day in a week. they have tightened measures tho which i'm happy to see. let's hope that 2020 will become better!