━━━ 06. wrong party

|chapter six:: wrong party|

"What did you tell mom and dad again?" Marina asked as I put the car in park.

"That we were going to be at Lu's house." I simply responded, getting out the car. I take the bottle of tequila from Marina before she got out and came to my side, "This is the right address?"

We looked both looked up at the house ahead, Marina nodding, "Yeah, I've been here before."

I gave her a look, but didn't question it because I just wanted to get drunk already. The other day, we got an invite to Samuel's party and it was an offer I couldn't miss out on. Lu really did want me at her house tonight especially since my brother has been distant with her and she didn't want to come with me to the party, saying that it was going to be filled with lowlife people.

I, course, didn't want to argue with her and said I was only going to watch after Marina, who was really going to come whether or not I came with. I asked Ander if he was coming, but he left me on read, so I asked Guzman and apparently they were supposed to hang out tonight. He's been avoiding me for days and I was surprised and hurt because I expected myself to be the one avoiding him.

Marina suddenly grabbed my free hand and pulled me along with her inside the house and upstairs. I look around the apartment floor, hearing the music blast through the door, "So I guess knocking is out of the question?"

"Don't worry, I texted him." Marina chuckled, having the door open a couple seconds later. I wasn't really worried about Marina like the rest of my family because I can understand where she was coming from. She was just a girl who wanted to live and have fun, but my parents and Guzman make it seem like her having HIV ruined all that.

I smiled at Samuel, holding up the bottle, "Brought you a gift- well, it's mainly for me." He laughed and stepped out the way for us to walk in. I headed in first and I glanced at Samuel, who took Marina's coat before she walked off, "Didn't think you had so many friends."

"I don't," He responded, raising his voice a bit over the music, "And I didn't think you'd make it."

"You clearly don't know me then," I told him, "Wherever there's a party I'm there. Just don't make me regret coming."

He grinned, "I promise you'll enjoy yourself." I nodded as he walked off and looked around the room once more, noticing people staring at me and whispering. For a moment, I thought it was because of my outfit, since I had on a tight blue spaghetti strapped shirts under my jacket with fitting shorts, but then I remembered. Most of these kids are from the school that collapsed- the school my father's company developed.

I looked away from them and go to the table, putting the bottle down to grab a cup of punch, "I wouldn't drink that if I were you." I heard and look up to see a olive skinned boy staring back at me, "Well unless you want to get high off your ass."