━━━ 07. sick of lying

|chapter seven:: sick of lying|

"WHY does dad think it's okay to have these events?" I asked, looking back at mom as I fix my hair that was in a high ponytail, before glancing at my glass of champagne, "It's only to promote his business."

"Adriana, you know he does it for more than that," She argued and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh yeah, he also does it to look great in the papers," I added as she gave me a look briefly before smiling at our guest and having me smile too.

"Don't ruin this night for your father just because you're still not talking to Guzman," My mom said through her teeth since she was too busy smiling and waving at Carla's parents who were talking to Polo's about God knows what.

I don't respond to my mother, but let out a scoff when I seen Samuel walk down from the entrance and Guzman was already prepared to attack. Marina was told specifically yesterday that Samuel wasn't invited, yet here he was. I looked at my mother, a smile on my face before I took a sip of my drink, "It seems I might be the only kid in the family to not ruin this night, mother."

She let out a huff and hurried up the stairs to where everyone was and I rolled my eyes before suddenly downing my drink. I was quick to grab another, especially when everyone came down stairs, "You look amazing, Ana."

I smiled at Lu as she came up to me, "Same to you, Lu, as always."

Guzman then came toward us, and looked at me, "You haven't seen dad around, have you?"

"Nope, mom suggested I steer clear from him," I answered, noticing that we were talking as if we never argued a week ago. I motion my head down toward the tunnel, "But check down there, I think he went with one of his business friends awhile ago."

He nodded and walked off, but Lu looked around, "Where's your date?"

"He isn't my date, Lu." I simply clarified, but then I began thinking about him. Where was he? I looked across the room and seen him chatting with the guest, though, he was quick to meet my eyes and smirk before I looked back at Lu, "And I don't need another thing for Guzman to despise me for right now."

She nodded, "Surprised you guys are talking."

"I just think he didn't want to talk to mom, who is a foot deep already in the Marquess' wine." I explained, motioning to my mother, who was digesting her third glass tonight. I sighed, and looked at my untouched glass and put in down on the counter nearby, no longer wanting it, "Is it bad that I just want to leave already?"

"Yes," Lu quickly answered, "You're literally the daughter of the hosts, you can't just leave. It's bad enough your sister brought Samuel and that Guzman already ripped his tux." I chuckled a bit, as she continued, "And to top it off, Marina called Samuel her boyfriend."

I stopped laughing and look up at her, "Are you serious?" She nodded and takes the glass I had for herself, drinking it, "I see they're a throuple again."