6

Time passed so slowly for Morgyn as he waited for Autumn to show up for her lesson in potions that day. When the time finally came she didn't show up. He felt something was wrong. She'd not leaving him out to dry like that. He waited and waited for her. When he could stand it anymore he sent Albert to check on her but just as Albert was about to take off Pudge showed up. "MORGYN QUICK ITS AUTUMN!" He didn't wait for an explanation he poofed straight to the gardens and found her laying lifeless in the grass next to a rare and deadly plant. The Reaper Rose. It was gorgeous in it's deep wine velvet red and black leaves. It is said to whisper to those who listen to their surroundings. He picked her up and quickly poofed them to the Sage lounge and laid her on the table. The Sage of Mischief and Practical Magic both came together for a teary eyed Morgyn and brought her back to the magic realm. "It's lucky Pudge was close otherwise she wouldn't be able to come back." Morgyn looked at the little dragon who was cuddled next to her hand and nuzzled it. He cried for his master to come back. "Pudge," Morgyn got the little dragon's attention. "Give her time, she's strong. She's smart. She is gonna be okay. She wouldn't leave us little guy." Pudge flew to Morgyn for comfort.

L.Faba looked at Morgyn "It's probably best you wait elsewhere Morgyn, take Pudge too. Albert will keep you up to date on her condition. Right now it's grim but we are trying hard. Have faith. It will be okay." Morgyn poofed his iconic red pea coat into the room and covered Autumn up with it. "We love you Autumn," he said as he began to put the coat over her. "I love you." He whispered in her ear as he got the coat up to her shoulders and then kissed her forehead and left the room with Pudge.

Hours ticked by and to Morgyn it felt like days. He paced the room and when he wasn't pacing the room he was sitting but his knees were always bouncing. The only thing running through his mind was how is he going to live without her. How would he be able to wake up tomorrow knowing that she wasn't going to be there to say 'good morning handsome'. He wondered how he was going to be able to live without seeing her beautiful face, and being able to hold her soft hands, and kiss her full gorgeous lips. He couldn't wait anymore he wanted to see her. Just as he was about to walk back to the room, Albert flew out. "Master she's coming around." He ran to her side and saw her with a smile. "Hello handsome." Autumn said. "Hello my heart." Morgyn said in relief and happiness. He took her hand and interlaced their fingers. He kissed her full gorgeous lips and picked her up to take her home.

He poofed them to his house. Well, his room in the main house where was living. The bed was like laying on a cloud and the whole room was a bit dark and moody looking. The bed had a canopy top that had black drapes hanging from it. The bed had black silk sheets and the room was dressed in dark wood furniture. Autumn lied in the bed still dressed in her day clothes very weak and worse for wear. Morgyn has used a spell to change their clothing, he was now in his lounge pants which were a delightful red and black plaid and she in a long black silk slip. He got in bed next to her after tending to the familiars. He pulled her close and she laid her head on his chest. "I was scared I lost you." Morgyn said softly "You were?" Autumn said surprised. "Of course." Morgyn said as he kissed the top of her head. "You're heart sounds so loud." Autumn said as she listened to it. "As long as we are together it will always beat loud and strong for you." He said pulling her a little closer. He fell asleep holding her and she did the same. She felt loved and safe. Everything she truly wanted was holding her in his arms.

They woke up to the sound of a knocking on the door. Morgyn got up and told Autumn to relax and he'd be right back. He poofed his iconic red coat and long sleeve turtle neck outfit on and walked to the door. He was taken aback by who was on the other side.

"Reaper. What can I do for you?" Morgyn asked.

"I came to collect Autumn." He said sadly.

Reaper and Morgyn were not friends but they had an understanding and respect for one another. Morgyn has seen a lot in his life and Reaper had a hand in some of it. Reaper knew how bad this was going to tear Morgyn apart but he had no choice. He had to take her to keep the balance.

"Over my dead body you are. And I don't mean those words lightly." Morgyn said sternly.

"Morgyn you know as well as I do I don't wanna take her I can tell you are finally happy. She touched my rose and you know the rules. I didn't take her immediately so you could say goodbye but the time has now come I must take her." Reaper said to Morgyn as calmly as possible.

"What about a trade." Morgyn said

"I'm listening."

"You want her soul, her spirit, basically her ghost right?" Morgyn asked

"Yes."

"Take the previous gardener. She's watched Autumn take care of the gardens she know they are in good hands now, she can pass on." Morgyn said

"I need her consent. However I don't see why not. She will have a scar after this though. It will be your responsibility to tell her the trade." Reaper said to Morgyn hopeful that it would work in his favor.

"Scar? What kind of scar?"

"She may not be able to have children when the time comes. She may have trouble conceiving, holding a pregnancy, and giving birth. It is your responsibility to tell her."

"I will. I'll meet you in the garden." Morgyn said as he walked to Autumn. "I have to go take care of something my heart I'll be right back, stay and rest." He told her as he kissed her forehead and poofed to the garden.