Muffin

"Athy! Where are we going?" Jenette innocently asked while cutely tugging my arm.

I gave her a cheeky smile. "We're going to buy ingredients silly! Do you have any idea what day it is tomorrow?!"

"H-huh? It's Tuesday? We have school?"

I face palmed and just pulled her faster. She was very hesistant and nervous. "Jenette, what's wrong with you?" Her blue eyes refused to meet mine. It made me even more curious.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Are you hiding something from me?"

"N-no! Of course no." She took a step back and nervously hid behind her hair.

"Lucas said that you two had plans."

We don't have plans. I didn't make plans because tomorrow is valentines.

"What plans? What did he tell you?" I demanded. Jenette started to get away from me and ran as fast as she could.

I just stood there dumbfounded.

"Jenette don't leave! I don't know how to make a cake!" I shouted but her bunny legs were fast. I doubt if she heard me.

"No!" I mumbled to myself and lazily walked out of the school.

Lucas that brat! How dare he say that we had plans yet I haven't seen his shadow anywhere. If my chocolate cake turns out horrible I'll gladly chuck it in his face. I am hopeless in the kitchen maybe Lucas will get food poisoned.
Well I guess I'm not that terrible.

"Whatever." I shrugged and made my way to the grocery store.

"It needs sugar right?" I asked myself while I was holding two types of flour. "And what type of flour? I guess I'll just mix the two in." I was a hopeless case but making a cake wouldn't be that hard even for me. I kept on grabbing different kinds of ingredients.

"As long as it's sweet it can be made for cake." I kept on repeating those words u ntil I got home and started the baking magic.

"Athanasia." Lucas called out while holding what I gave him. I smiled proudly.

"What?" I asked him but instead of saying anything more he took a small piece of the cake that I gave him and made me eat it.

The soft and fluffy feeling that I was expecting was dry and salty. The more I chew I wondered if I added nuts.

"Valentines is suppose to be about chocolates, right Athanasia?" Lucas smiled without humour so I smiled cutely to ease his temper.

Even with the insult he still held on to what I gave him and forced himself to eat it.

"It doesn't even look like a chocolate cake. It looks more like a deformed muffin." He muttered under his breath.

"What did you say?"

"I said you're adorable and we should just go out for a date."

"Okay!"