1

The sun rays from the small opening of the curtains woke up the sleeping Dahyun. She had the longest and toughest day yesterday, finishing up her thesis paper that she will be submitting today. Stretching her arms as she lifts her back off the bed, she yawns, anticipating this day to be a rest day for her.

She leaves her bedroom to prepare her usual breakfast, a ham and cheese sandwich with the chocolate milk that she just recently bought from the mart downstairs of the apartment complex.

Grabbing a bite of her food, she hears her phone buzzing & ringing, already knowing who is checking up on her this early morning.

"And what do I have to do for you, miss Son Chaeyoung?" Dahyun playfully speaks in a formal tone to tease her friend.

Chaeyoung's chuckles can be heard from the other line. "You're in a good mood."

Dahyun placed her sandwich on her plate, licking some spilled sauce on her fingers. "I'm finally submitting my final work today! And I'm done with the world of college." She said, almost in a squeaky tone.

"You're acting as if I'm not graduating with you." Chaeyoung replied, glad that she will be submitting her paper today as well. "Let's go and pass it together. And tag along with me in this exhibit that my mom ditched me to."

Dahyun placed her glass of chocolate milk on the table, finishing it in three drinks. "Oh no. You know I find those art exhibits boring." She said, standing to clean up her plate & glass, leaving her phone on loudspeaker.

Chaeyoung's sighs can be heard from the other line, causing Dahyun to roll her eyes at her friend's response.

"I know but it's such a waste not to use the other ticket. It was difficult for me to grab some slots because this artist is really famous in the art industry." She explained, hoping that her non-art loving friend would come with her.

"Actually, I have plans today." Dahyun said, pertaining to her idea of resting all day long after submitting the very requirement that would give her a diploma.

"Plans of staying in bed all day." Chaeyoung voiced in a mocking tone. "Come on Dahyun. Go out, explore the outside world and meet other people. That's mainly the reason why you have never experienced dating in your 22 years of existence." She pleaded.

Dahyun definitely did not want to dwell more on her friend's last statement, already used to her being teased with her empty dating history. Trying to change the topic, she decides to go along with her friend's plan for the day.  "Okay. But we will not stay there for long. I want to go & just chill elsewhere. Thesis was such a migraine for me."

"As if you had a difficult time. Using that brain of yours is the best thing you could do." Chaeyoung hissed.

"I'm hanging up, miss artsy. See you in school." She replied, shaking her head as she went to the bathroom.

The look on their professor's face makes both Dahyun & Chaeyoung feel more excited with their upcoming graduation in the next two weeks. They feel as if they're finally free to do whatever they spent years studying for in this university.

"Congratulations Ms. Son and Ms. Kim. See you on the graduation day." The neat-looking & usually strict professor gave them a smile as she patted their shoulders.

Dahyun took the initiative to respond as she let out her and Chaeyoung's words of gratitude to their professor.

Leaving the university grounds with proud looks plastered onto their faces, Chaeyoung patted Dahyun's  back, giving her a sly smile.

Dahyun rolled her eyes, already knowing what her good friend is about to say. She has no idea why she agreed to tag along with her in a place with little to nothing within her line of interest.