3

Taehyung plopped himself on his bed, feeling unusually distant from his actual self these past few days.

He is not used to being this attentive to anyone in his entire 25 years of existence. He always hit on girls who seem to show interest in him, but never did he experience being the one to go after someone.

Romance and relationships are not in his vocabulary, and he's sure that it will remain that way.

Dahyun is interesting, way too interesting that she has managed to grasp his attention. There's something in her that causes Taehyung to react this way. But he just couldn't name it.

One thing's for sure is that he's not interested in her in that way. He sees her as a challenge, and he wants her. Not romantically though.

Groaning in frustration, he kicked his shoes off his feet.

"Who the hell are you, Kim Dahyun?" He talked to himself, desperate to finish everything with her so that she won't bother his mind all day and night again.

He opened his eyes upon hearing his phone buzz with an unknown number.

Seeing the content of the message, he knows exactly who has sent it to him. He decides to call her just like he promised, instead of texting her back.

"I'm home if you're wondering." Taehyung said, trying to hide the frustration in his voice.

"I don't think that's what I asked you." Hearing her voice already makes him imagine the facial expression she's making.

"I told you to forget about what I said about myself earlier." His tone sounded a little bit serious, causing him to hear nothing from her for a few seconds.

"How could I when you left me hanging?" Dahyun replied, making him feel a weird emotion passing through the threshold of his almost non-beating heart.

"Are you that eager to know more about me?" He asked, this time with his usual cocky tone.

"If I said yes, would you tell me more about yourself?"

Taehyung's smile disappeared upon hearing her question. He hates the idea of anyone barging into his personal space. He despises talking about himself. He dislikes the idea that someone seems to care about him.

"Good night Dahyun." He said, choosing to end their conversation, forcing himself to see her as someone whom he just wants to spend one night with, nothing more and nothing less.

The last conversation she had with Taehyung a few days ago has left a much bigger impact on her compared to their first meeting. It's as if she will keep on getting drawn to him, the more she spends time with him. And she's not ignoring the way she's willing to let herself fall into his charms.

Dahyun wants to know more about the unsolvable riddle she calls Taehyung, and she's all set to face whatever result this may bring to her.

She must have been thinking for a few minutes that she failed to notice the constant knockings of her friend, Chaeyoung outside her door.

"What in the world are you doing?!" Dahyun is shocked to hear her friend's angry tone the moment she let her in.

"I was sleeping." She lied. She feels so weak, already drained with her constant thoughts of Taehyung.

"You must not move an inch while sleeping. You look like you just got out of the shower." Chaeyoung did not fail to notice that her friend is hiding something again from her. And she knows exactly what it is about.

"It's that vante guy, isn't it?" She asked, now with a concerned look on her face.

"The five second rule you mentioned turns out to be real. I'm experiencing what people call romantic attraction." She said, partly lying because she had been having dreams of doing more than just a kiss with Taehyung. She sure is insanely attracted to him.