4

The sight of the little boy being embraced and cared for by his mother has made Taehyung feel like crumbling.

He hates the fact that he couldn't keep on showing his usual facade whenever Dahyun is around. He dislikes how she always gets to see his vulnerable side. He despises the way he started feeling weak again after meeting her.

Taehyung has had a very painful, traumatic past that he tried so much to hide. It's mainly the reason behind his obvious lack of will to engage in relationships with other people. He finds it difficult to put trust into others, yet Dahyun gives him off a sense of comfort that he cannot seem to put into words. Even his best friend Jimin barely sees this side of him, for he wants nothing but to completely forget every pain and hurt he felt as a child.

He could not say he hates Dahyun for making him feel this way. He would not dare to, because it's not her fault for reminding him of his agonising youth. But he is not up for someone who seems likely to be involved in digging up his past. Taehyung knows that she is beyond intrigued about him, and he does not like it because he feels as if he's going to let her in his world soon enough.

Taehyung forces himself to just end any form of communication between him and Dahyun after getting what they both want from each other. He could not afford having someone who will soon figure out his eventful, tragic past that he buried deep inside of him.

The buzzing of his phone woke him up from his thoughts. The very subject of his contemplation appears to be the sender of his newly received message.

Are you okay? You know I'm not talking about the scene earlier in the elevator.

Groaning in frustration, he threw his phone on the floor as he laid on the bed, covering his eyes with his forearm.

"Why are you doing this to me, Kim Dahyun?"

Taehyung has never met someone this eager to get to know him. He has never let someone get this involved with him. He has never felt being cared for like this before.

He knows that the more he spends time with her, the more she'll see this side of him. This side of him that he's been keeping away from anyone else, including himself.

Forcing himself to call it a day, he drifts off to sleep, determined to ignore the unfamiliar and unwanted feeling of comfort he receives from Dahyun.

Disappointed at not receiving any response from him last night, Dahyun occupied herself with work. She threw her phone on the side of her desk to get rid of her seemingly evident anticipation of his reply.

She wants to have answers to her countless questions regarding Kim Taehyung. It's frustrating for her part because just when she feels that he's slowly showing himself to her, he will instantly put up a wall between the two of them.

She hates the idea that Taehyung only lurks around her because of his 'more than just a kiss' mindset. She wants that as well, but she wants way more than just sex. Dahyun wants to be that someone for him. Someone whom he can lean on.

Jumping up a little on her seat, she's surprised to see a response from the subject of her daydream.

I said I'm okay. See you tomorrow. I'm expecting to grab that very long overdue kiss from you ;)

It's literally impossible for Dahyun to be frustrated at him for a long time. Seeing his usual flirty response, she cannot help but to smile. She completely forgot that he's annoyed at him for replying late, and for being too secretive.

It only took a couple of meetings for her to admit that she's already head over heels for this guy. The warnings given to her by the voices in her head are no longer given importance. Kim Dahyun is willing to do whatever it takes just to get to know him more.